Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Doug form BAMAchips is the best!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
mustang fanatic
1st Gear Member

Default Doug form BAMAchips is the best!!

Ok you guys wont believe this!!!! SO I dont know if you read my last thread but Ill kinda summarize for you. Saturday I started my install of CMDV plates from steeda and a C&L racer CAI. I got finished with install load the tune from Doug at BAMAchips, start her up. She runs for a second and then shuts off. I waited till today and woke up at 6:00 to call Doug, 2 hour time difference. I got ahold of him at around 7:45 and he spent an hour and a half helping me load my tuner on my computer and figuring out if the tune was to blame for my car. Well we went through all possibilties, nothin helped.

So we hung up and I took apart my manifold and redid everything, just to make sure I didnt miss anyhing. Still didnt work. So i called Doug, we now knew that it wasnt the tune. I reset the car and also reset fuel pump. Still didnt work. We troubleshooted for about another hour and a half. Maybe it was the keys, So I tried my extra set, didnt help.

All of a sudden hes like yea I know what it is, he said unlug ur maf sensor,
Unplugged it and the car ran fine. Hes like flip the intake tube where the maf sensor goes into. Whoever has a C&L racer CAI will know what im talking about. Its the 95 mm mas air inlet tube. So I flipped that tube plugged in the MAF sensor and it ran like a champ!!

I took her out for a ride and it is like diving a brand new car!! Absolutly amazing!!! Doug is amazing! I would recommend him to anyone. He helped me for hours! THnaks to DOug im not still in my garage scratching my head!
Lesson Learned!! I now know hw sensitive the maf sensor really is.
Thanks to everyone on here that gave me ideas to what it was.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Doug form BAMAchips is the best!!

Glad you got it sorted out.

Doug is the man!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Ordered my tunes last week. I can't wait!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Wow, that is going above and beyond. Think about it....he's running a business, has bills to pay, etc, etc. To make money he needs to do volume and yet he is willing to take 3+ hrs to help you. Man...thats amazing, you just don't see that these days.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
mustang fanatic
1st Gear Member

Seriously! He is a really cool dude and sells a great product. He was willing to spend as much time as it would take to get my car running!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
medgrill

Brent is aawesome man. [sm=hail.gif]