Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm Thinking 12's!!!!! Update-12.75 & 107mph bests

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 AM
jawsgt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Thinking 12's!!!!!

ive raced at norwalk race where i know is 1320' and dragway 42 and at both tracks i was within a tenth of each other. best at norwalk in my sig, ran a best of 13.2@106 at dragway 42 a bunch of times. at that time just with longtubes and a check engine light
Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

you get your magical GT and shave off a .5 second by how exactly ?
"magical" how?
He does have more mods than you and can drive a car apparently- no magic
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Reminisce
1st Gear Member

and using Motor Trend as a staple for your complaint isn't the best thing either. Not every track is the same, and there's a lot more to factor in besides the car and the track. weather, sea level, humidity, etc..

down here in South Florida, at Moroso in West Palm Beach, I see it all the time. There's a guy on the southfloridastangs forum that ran a 12.9 almost stock, on street tires, with a timeslip to prove it. It was all in his R/T.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

you get your magical GT and shave off a .5 second by how exactly ?
"magical" how?
He does have more mods than you and can drive a car apparently- no magic

Look at his sig, made it sound like he was stock, regardless there is alot of disparity on these
forums about what people are running, are all you guysJohn Force typeexpert drivers?

I know for a fact with my mods on street tiresI will sit there and spin all day even on a track thats why I got the DRs, LCAs/UCA. Stock suspension with stock tires there is no way to getagood 60', you will be spinning !! And with any spinning no way are you running
low 13s high 12s on just a few mods,too much to make up,thats the point I am trying to make.

Tracks not a 1/4 mile ? Where in the hell you guys live ? Oh thats right Florida ! LOL
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I average a 2.0-2.1 60'. I will say I'm not the best driver at all, which is why I made the comment that the car could probably reach 12.99 with a driver mod.

My launches are roughly at 2200-2500 rpms, it's been almost a year since I've gone and this was in NJ.

I'm hoping to reach 12.99 down here in FL due to the closer to sea level, and the weather has been quite cool. (Moroso, btw.)

I've got time slips to prove it... let me see if I can take a digital picture of it.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Time slip. Hope you can see it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27669/A8FE8786A1854E8B903D633268619C8A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Reminisce

and using Motor Trend as a staple for your complaint isn't the best thing either. Not every track is the same, and there's a lot more to factor in besides the car and the track. weather, sea level, humidity, etc..

down here in South Florida, at Moroso in West Palm Beach, I see it all the time. There's a guy on the southfloridastangs forum that ran a 12.9 almost stock, on street tires, with a timeslip to prove it. It was all in his R/T.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Reminisce
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acstone7

[&:]
I can do it too
Old 01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

I have six passes in the 12s with just a CAI andtune, stock tires, no weight reduction at orlando speedworld. Granted on street tires, running a 12 is a hit or miss (mostly miss). I have had plenty of people call BS on me. Justin from VMP tuning was at the track one night, he looked over my car, verified my only mods and stock tires, then I went and ran a 12.90. He witnessed the run and has written it in one of my threads. Search my name, I have posted all my timeslips in the S/S section. My best pass is in my sig. Another member of this forum has also ran 12s with just a CAI and tune he has posted his slips.

To the OP, once you get use to those tires, you can be running 12s all day long.

Menace, your trap speed is begging you to be in the 12s.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acstone7

ORIGINAL: Reminisce

I would think theMotor Trendrun wouldhave beendone with an accelerometer where RT is not calculated thereby showing a better time, anywaysI just find it odd that with all my mods and a .080 RT I can't run faster than 13.3 but others with far fewer mods (and street tires) are running these times, maybe I got alemon !! lol Got a new extremely aggressive race tune from Doug
at bamachips, going to test it this week, who knows maybe I can get into the 12s !!!

Heyman you are in the east valley !!!Do you evergo toFirebird or Speedworld ? The S197 representation there for Friday night Drags is terrible, making it worse it seems every east valley GTO is there every week, so sad !!

Quick Reply: I'm Thinking 12's!!!!! Update-12.75 & 107mph bests