Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

whipple: delivering the goods

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
DemonStang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: whipple: delivering the goods

Congrats man. Hope it gets done quick...
Old 02-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

nice man! I definately know how you feel with the waiting game, mines been in the shop since last thursday night!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Me too. Mine went into the shop for a whipple on Monday. Called today and he said they should be done by tomorrow night. The waiting is killing me.

And the worst part is, that central FL is going to get rain all day tomorrow. [:@]

Luckily Friday through Sunday should be nice.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I had mine installed and dyno tuned!
ORIGINAL: onederful100

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Welcome to FI and to answer tackling the install himself question...I bet it is because it is quicker and easier to have an exp shop to install than the avg person to install and they have the shop and the dyno to tune right after....JM guess but onederful anything to change or add J
+1
you hit the nail right on the head, that about sums it up. plus i dont have a garage, so thats a big PITA. and yes, it is gonna get tuned on the dyno there at the shop. and i'm probly less than the avg person when it comes to mechanical things, and i just feel a whole lot better having a pro do it rather than me experimenting on my own car. i wouldnt mind learning on someone else's car, but not mine especially with something as expensive and potent as the whipple. there were people in my mustang club that offered to help me with the install and i appreciate that, but i know the guy that's installing it and he's really good. i dont mind installing easy stuff like AB or CAI, but this is a little more complicated.

and an update: i'm taking the mustang in today to start the install. there's a few cars that they're working on but if they get done early, then they can start on my car. but he said they might not start untill tomorrow, and i'm waiting for another part w/ the gauges that should come in 2 days. so it could be done Friday or Monday. so now its the waiting game.[sm=burnout.gif]
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

finally a new sig for you mygt500

very nice
Old 02-06-2008, 05:49 PM
R3troGT
1st Gear Member

Congrats on getting a blower installed. I just had a Vortech installed last week and was at the shop everyday to see the progress. When it was all done they trailered the car back to my place and it has been sitting in the garage since. The weather here in Toronto has been crappy since. We are on our third snow storm in less than a week. It is killing me not being able to drive the car for at least a small cruise. I also got the SOS Gauge pod for 3 gauges. Very nice piece.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i got the same sos gauge pod too, still waiting on that but should get here in 2 days. so in the mean time.....[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Welcome to FI and to answer tackling the install himself question...I bet it is because it is quicker and easier to have an exp shop to install than the avg person to install and they have the shop and the dyno to tune right after....JM guess but onederful anything to change or add J
+1
you hit the nail right on the head, that about sums it up. plus i dont have a garage, so thats a big PITA. and yes, it is gonna get tuned on the dyno there at the shop. and i'm probly less than the avg person when it comes to mechanical things, and i just feel a whole lot better having a pro do it rather than me experimenting on my own car. i wouldnt mind learning on someone else's car, but not mine especially with something as expensive and potent as the whipple. there were people in my mustang club that offered to help me with the install and i appreciate that, but i know the guy that's installing it and he's really good. i dont mind installing easy stuff like AB or CAI, but this is a little more complicated.

and an update: i'm taking the mustang in today to start the install. there's a few cars that they're working on but if they get done early, then they can start on my car. but he said they might not start untill tomorrow, and i'm waiting for another part w/ the gauges that should come in 2 days. so it could be done Friday or Monday. so now its the waiting game.[sm=burnout.gif]
Cool - I was just curious because I'll probably tackle myself and consider myself 'average' on that scale. I think the main reason I want to do it is it's the only time I get to spend with the car during this looooong Minnesota winter.

It must be Whipple season!!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

i got the same sos gauge pod too, still waiting on that but should get here in 2 days. so in the mean time.....[sm=alcoholic.gif]
LOL, man if I were in your shoes right now waiting on an install I think I'd have to stay liquored up to make the wait bearable!!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: airforceus

It must be Whipple season!!
yea, i know everyone's getting one these days. i guess it's around tax return season or something. even locally where i live there were 3 people in my mustang club in the last2 weeks got SC'd, 1 whipple and 2 prochargers, its like everyone is supercharger crazy!! maybe we're all getting ready for those mopar challengers to come out, so us stang peeps can represent!!

Quick Reply: whipple: delivering the goods