Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

N2O setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

Default N2O setup?

Ok so i got to thinking, mabye right now since i just bought a 08 mustang GT that a supercharger/twin turbo is out of my price range. So then i got to thinking the next best thing. A N2O setup. I know very little about cars, but am learning. I have a couple of questions.

1. http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/images/82034.gifI was looking at this on brenspeed. Is it any good?
2. When using a N2O kit, would i need to change anything else on the car or could i leave everything else stock? I guess what i should be asking is, what is the biggest shot i could run with everything on my car remaining stock?
3. If i was to purchase this kit, what else do i need to go with it. http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/nitrous.htmlanything else on this page? Any other accessories i would need in general?
4. Is a N2O setup compatible with a supercharger?
5. What is the difference between a dry shot and a wet shot? I believe that a wet shot kicks in in a certain gear at a certain RPM range, and a dry shot you just push a button and get it all at once. Is this correct?
6. How hard is a N2O setup to install, with little to no knowledge about a engine. Like is there a tutorial i could look at for installing it, or would i be better off to goto a shop? As my knowledge lies moreso along the lines of car audio.
7. Anything else i need to know?

Edit: I know for sure that i would need a new tune, but other then that is there anything else i would have to have.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: N2O setup?

1- yes it is fine. You can go up to 125 HP shot. You should get a tuner and get dyno tuned.
2- change to HT0 plugs gapped down to .035
3 - plugs, bottle heater, vent tube, purge kit (optional), handheld tuner, nitrous tune
4- yes
5- wet shot adds additional fuel. The wet kit draws fuel from the fuel rail (adapter supplied)
(this is so you can adjust the air/fuel dry shot just adds additional fuel from the injectors
6 - very easy
7- you will get 5-6 runs per 10 lb bottle.

You can do a 75 HP shot without a tune.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:25 PM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

ok another question is how exactly do you tell it how much of a shot you wish to send through your engine?

Edit: Ok i found everything else you said, but the vent tube. Do you have a link to the vent tube? Also that kit says its for 05-06 mustangs i believe, will this work on my 2008?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

The numbers on the jets are supplied with a value that lists their hp on a sheet of paper with the kit.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:58 PM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

ok another question, what gauges would you guys reccommend to go with a N2O setup. I can't seem to locate a 3 gauge dash pod for the A pillar. I know i have seen people with them on there. Does anyone have a link to one?

If for right now i was 75 shot with no tune, would i need new spark plugs just for the 75 shot?

Edit: Also does anyone have a link to any tutorials on how to install all of it. Just so i could have something to read over and try to familiarize myself.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

You can look into an SOS pillar pod. Just search SOS gauges.

You can run a 75 shot without the colder plugs.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:12 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

wow i went looking for a nitrous gauge and was looking at some autometers. Then i went and looked at prices for the autometers. Just about every freakin one of those gauges is ~$200. Are all nitrous gauges that expensive? Could anyone suggest some less expensive nitrous gauges. I would prefer them to have a red backlight, but it is not necessary.

I looked at other types of gauges made by autometer on jegs, and most of the others don't seem that expensive for mechanical ones. It seems the full sweep eletrical gauges are all very expensive. What exactly does full sweep eletrical mean anyways.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

It is an electrical gauge rather than mechanical. It uses a sending unit which then sends the signal electronically to the gauge. A mechanical gauge actually measures things directly i.e; mechanical vacuum gauge has a vacuum line directly to it.
Full sweep meansthe needlemakes a full circle around the gauge like a clock (well like 270 degrees out of 360 degrees in a full circle)

Electric full sweep gauages are expensive. Especially Autometer.
I easily have spent 1200 dollars in Autometer gauages and pods to hold them.them