Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Muffler Deletes

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
xxdmxx
2nd Gear Member

Default Muffler Deletes

Anyone here regret doing it? I just got mine done yesterday and I think it sounds too loud[&:]. I listened to sound clips and was no where remotely as loud as it really sounds. Anyone get pulled over yet and if so what did you say
Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Muffler Deletes

video clips are always softer than live. my BT's are kinda like muff deletes , and have not gotten pulled over yet, or maybe i just dont hear the sirens.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:59 PM
xxdmxx
2nd Gear Member

I freak out around my neighborhood (cop moved in a few months ago[:'(])
Didn't know it sounded way quieter on video. Now I understand why the guy at the shop really was hesitant to do it
Old 02-19-2008, 04:59 PM
jdroth50
1st Gear Member

I have SLP Loudmouths, and I have no regrets whatsoever. But if you think it's too loud, no amount of people telling you that they don't think it is will change that. Go drive your car for about 20 minutes on the highway at 80mph, and then you'll know really quickly how much you are willing to tolerate the noise.

BTW, I have never been pulled over once for my car being too loud. And surprisingly, my neighbors have never complained about how loud it idles when I first start it in the mornings.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:22 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

You'll get used to it.

I thought my stingers were VERY loud the day I installed them.
Couple of months later, I installed an O/R H and love it this way !!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdroth50

I have SLP Loudmouths, and I have no regrets whatsoever. But if you think it's too loud, no amount of people telling you that they don't think it is will change that. Go drive your car for about 20 minutes on the highway at 80mph, and then you'll know really quickly how much you are willing to tolerate the noise.

BTW, I have never been pulled over once for my car being too loud. And surprisingly, my neighbors have never complained about how loud it idles when I first start it in the mornings.
When i first installed them, i loved them. Now... they aren't loud enough

I must say.. .the cold start is LOUD
Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 AM
sonnier
2nd Gear Member

Yeah cold start is loud but it's fine once it warms up and settles down. I live in an area where the cops tend to be d!cks, but I just take it easy and have not got in trouble(yet, at least). My biggest concern was highway cruising but I just took a nice road trip this past weekend and the drone was next to zero, so I'm happy.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:31 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I have SLP's and no problems at all with cops. I got pulled over for excessive acceleration but not speeding and didnt even get a warning and she said nothing about me exhaust. Its not loud enough anymore, so SLP LT's and O/R H will be going on soon.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:02 PM
xxdmxx
2nd Gear Member

I can't imagine wanting it any louder. Where do you live cobra because I'm pretty sure the cop would be pissed off eventually because he lives at the very end of the block in front of the turn area and wouldn't want me idling by his house too long
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Spiffu
2nd Gear Member

Your average harley davidson, especially a modified one, will always give you perspective on what lound is. Thats why the cops never pull you over.

That and you could always go with a off-roud x-pipe if you really want LOUD.

And my SLP loundmouths were the best mod decision I ever made for my car.

Quick Reply: Muffler Deletes