Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 AM
samus720
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help!

The gas tank thing happens to me when the vehicle is warm sometimes. I believe its due to the vapor attempting to leave the filler neck. The pump senses this as the tank being full and stops itself. All I do is pull the nozzle out far enough so that the rubber collar is completely out of the filler "hole". This works for me 100% of the time.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 AM
dssgrl2004

Thanks so much for all your input! I'm taking it in, hopefully today, tomorrow at the latest. Will keep you all posted on what they tell me!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 AM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samus720

I have a pretty good theory about number 2 because it does it to me as well. I believe that because of the way that the plastic (Dash) is mated together, it intentionally doesn't fit together very tightly. I believe they did that so that when the dash gets hot (expands) it doesn't warp. It has a little wiggle room so that when it warms up it fits better. I've noticed that it only rattles/squeaks when the car is cold. Once it warms up in the interior, the dash doesn't squeak anymore. Hope that helps.
Your 'theory' is actually a factual answer...[8D]
Old 02-25-2008, 12:25 PM
samus720
2nd Gear Member

Well thanks, I thought I was right, but I wasn't sure if that was the "actual" intent of the manufacturer or not. It just made sense to me that way.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM
BIRGT

I had the same problem as your #5 a long time ago when mine was still under warranty
and they replaced the alternator,fuel pump,and two COPs
I dont think they needed to do all that, i thought it was just the COPs but i was not going to stop them.
It took 3 visits to get them to do anything though
Old 02-25-2008, 10:57 PM
racin4christ

ORIGINAL: steph3k

So the alternator is bahaving normally? Or is this something that needs to be looked at? I do hear it wind down sometimes when I shut down. It's kind of a cool sound as long as it's not damaging my car.
Your car is fine. It reminds me of a jet engine sometimes. lol.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 AM
dssgrl2004

Jet Engine... Great descriptive!!! Especially since the interior of the car kinda feels/looks like a cockpit!

So here's the update so far... I dropped my car off first thing Tuesday morning. They've replaced a sending unit to fix the fuel gauge issue, and 'maybe' have fixed the rattle in the dash...

Can't get anything else to duplicate thus far... I told him they may not be able to duplicate a lot of it when I took it in!!! I'm not taking the car back until everything's fixed. At least the dealer's paying for my rental! And as an added bonus, they're going to go ahead and do the new airbag recall while its in!!

Has anyone else ever looked @ your steering wheel while driving, and thought "man I hope that never has to go off - it's gonna hurt!" ? Sounds like I would've been right!!