Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo vs. Supercharged Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default RE: Turbo vs. Supercharged Bullitt

alright, i couldn't find modaddict ever talking about turbo vs supercharger.. however, you might want to read his Blower Talk threads (just do a search for author modaddict, subject blower talk).. which is probably a good thing, as its a big debate that will never be settled so..you'll want to do theresearch on each with their postives and negatives. it is close to a tie.. so preference or $$$ might make the difference for you. or your driving habits.

I doubt the Bullit mustang will be worth anything great... take a look at the '96 mystic cobra, hardly any made, even very low mileage ones are only worth a couple thousand more than a different one.. however.. I do believe a stock bullit will have slightly better resale value than a GT.

If you intend to drive it a lot then its not going to be collectible anyway so you might as well mod it. (alot being 10k+ a year).. because by the time it might be collectible the engine will have 200k-400k miles on it anyway..
Old 02-29-2008, 01:01 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I miss a third option:
"Keep it stock"

You don't buy a specialty mustang in order to do something big like that to it. But hey, it's your money and your resale value.

On topic: I have always been a fan of "instant power & torque" from the Superchargers. No lag ftw!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

As long as you can reverse the mod, resale is not effected. Put a Whipple on it. When it's time to sell it, put it back to stock and sell the SC separately. Even if these Bullitts turn out to be high dollar auction cars some day (doubtful), nobody will ever know what was done to it.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:08 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Supercharge! The turbo will affect the sound of the Bullitt exhaust!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

^^ good point.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:14 PM
majustin1
2nd Gear Member

Just another option that i am gonna get killed for mentioning, but
I would shoot for NA and getting around 390 HP (330 rwhp). Its not a major powerhouse, but with full bolt-ons, cams, and a good tune you would have a fast car that would be NA and sound mean. I would even try to find a nice exhaust set-up that sounded like the 68. The only problem with this is that reverting to stock would be a pain.
I doagree with the guys above tough, i probably wouldnt go to FI with that kinda car.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

well for the bullits they did attempt to mimic the sound of steve mcqueen's bullit from the movie.. i heard they did a pretty good job so i wouldn't touch that exhaust.. the NA 390 would be a huge pain to get back to stock.. the S/C would be the easiest..
Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 PM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

How about some gears and a small shot of nitrous. Ive been the turbo route and it has alot of issues. If you notice on all the forums alot of people have issues with turbos and s/c both. Dont mess up a good car, leave it alone and run the snot out of it!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:43 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the bullit comes with 3.73s already i think, so gears would be pretty pointless IMO
Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

id keep it 100% stock.

Quick Reply: Turbo vs. Supercharged Bullitt