Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Centrifugal Supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 AM
jdroth50
1st Gear Member

Default Centrifugal Supercharger question

I'm not trying to start a TS/Centri debate here, first off. I understand the basic differences between the two. I've driven both an '06 mustang that has been whippled, and an '06 with a Paxton Novi 2200. While there was a bit of lag on the Paxton compared to virtually none on the whipple, it still wasn't much lag at all. And that car was completely stock. Even though centris don't really kick in until appr. 3000rpms, between my Spydershaft, aluminum flywheel, and 4.10s, I get to 3000 rpms pretty quickly anyway, which makes the idea of "instant" boost almost moot when comparing the two. That being said, it's looking like a centri supercharger is going to be ordered very soon, unless one or more of you knowledgable gents chimes in with some aspect of supercharger physics that I'm either misquoting or not thinking of.

Again, I'm not trying to start a "which one's better" debate, just want to make sure I get the one that is right for my particular setup.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Centrifugal Supercharger question

I've said it before. Boost is boost. You dont see it unless you push it hard.So,no matter which way you go, you'll love the newfound power.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:33 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

enjoy the centri, i'm sure it will do
well for ya
Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdroth50

I'm not trying to start a TS/Centri debate here, first off. I understand the basic differences between the two. I've driven both an '06 mustang that has been whippled, and an '06 with a Paxton Novi 2200. While there was a bit of lag on the Paxton compared to virtually none on the whipple, it still wasn't much lag at all. And that car was completely stock. Even though centris don't really kick in until appr. 3000rpms, between my Spydershaft, aluminum flywheel, and 4.10s, I get to 3000 rpms pretty quickly anyway, which makes the idea of "instant" boost almost moot when comparing the two. That being said, it's looking like a centri supercharger is going to be ordered very soon, unless one or more of you knowledgable gents chimes in with some aspect of supercharger physics that I'm either misquoting or not thinking of.

Again, I'm not trying to start a "which one's better" debate, just want to make sure I get the one that is right for my particular setup.

I am running essentially the exact same setup--with the addition of a spec 2 clutch. There is no-lag for me, and the car pulls hard as hell until 6700rpm(set redline). Very fun, and I still average 20mpg in town. For the money, you cant go wrong IMO
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I think with the mods you already have Centri is the way to go.

Congrats, you will love it.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:29 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if u get the paxton you cant be in our crew.
but the paxton is a great SC too, i got a friend w/ a procharger centri and it kicks a$$, so the paxton should be real similar and should be a lot of power too.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Just wanted to post how interesting it is that 3 whipple guys are supporting the purchase of the centri. Just shows how open minded we are .

Just make sure you post pics and a dyno.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

You will love the centri with your gears, careful redline comes up real fast.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:39 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Paxton kit from Brenspeed FTW!![sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 03-07-2008, 04:26 PM
flolo
1st Gear Member

Im in the same boat u are man. Lots of research(im leanin towards the saleen), the brenspeed paxton looks to be just about the best value if seen so far. Those guys really know ther stuff.

Quick Reply: Centrifugal Supercharger question