Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anybody getting pulled over often?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 04:34 PM
broke88
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody getting pulled over often?

Whats Po Po? is that a shortened term for the word start with "P" and ending with double "OO" ? Getting the looks over with thumbs up with my GT, had one see me pull into a car wash, he did u-turn just to cme by and chat to check it out, said his wife wanted one.

Broke88
Old 04-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

Not yet, if I do see an Officer they usual ask me questions like,

"have you opened it up yet?"

Local county sheriff asked me that last week.......
maybe the old "color" thing has anything to do with it?

later,

[IMG]local://upfiles/13237/994D8D0D80E84D25BCE3885237FF8F40.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-12-2005, 06:25 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

First Incident -
i got pulled over the night i bought the car. i was scared ****less b/c i dont need my insurance to go up any more. turns out that all he wanted to was to check out my car. this was way back in the beginning of november though so there wasnt really any new mustangs on the road here. he let me go and asked me to get on it a little bit when i was getting back on the highway.

Second Incident -
I have court in two days for my first actual ticket in the stang. 85 in a 60. Wouldnt really say that the cops are paying TOO much attention to my car anymore b/c i am sure that they would have pulled over a Yugo for going 25 over the limit too.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

friend just got a C6 vette, and he let me drive it, and in minneapolis a cop followed me street for street till i left the city real annoying
Old 04-12-2005, 09:39 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChristopherCamel

nope never been pulled over..than again i dont really speed
v6 isnt gonna get as much attention as the gt
Old 04-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

The other ticket was Saturday night. 200 feet from my driveway. He said I took the corner too fast and wrote me a ticket for - get this - "Inprudent speed"
Sounds like harassment to me. It's a f*ing sports car, it can take corners safely at faster speeds than a pick-up truck. How old are you? If it wasn't for the first ticket, you'd probably get out of it easily.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:11 AM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Mustang Novice

The other ticket was Saturday night. 200 feet from my driveway. He said I took the corner too fast and wrote me a ticket for - get this - "Inprudent speed"
Sounds like harassment to me. It's a f*ing sports car, it can take corners safely at faster speeds than a pick-up truck. How old are you? If it wasn't for the first ticket, you'd probably get out of it easily.

I'm an adult... almost 40. I feel like a teenager with all this harassment. I got the tickets in different municipalities and I can afford and do have a great lawyer... so I can get out of both of them.

It's still a pain in the ***.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

Maybe you need a friend that's a cop. :-)

I can't believe a cop gave a 40 yo a ticket for "Inprudent Speed." That's BS!!! Especially on a turn. If you were doing brake stands, I would understand. Did you get loose on the turn?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:55 PM
RL FAST

Oh come on, BE NICE. I have the same Legend Lime GT. I love it- this is why the Mustang is available in an array of colors. To answer the question though, I have not gotten a ticket- yet. I am trying very hard not to, going as far as driving the speed LIMIT to avoid one. I never had to do that in my Taurus[&o]
ORIGINAL: showam1

Ahhhh yes,
The ugly green car ticket!

lol , Nope, not pulled over yet
Old 04-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap
Second Incident -
I have court in two days for my first actual ticket in the stang. 85 in a 60. Wouldnt really say that the cops are paying TOO much attention to my car anymore b/c i am sure that they would have pulled over a Yugo for going 25 over the limit too.
Dude I got the same stuff. 60 in a 35. I wasn't goin that fast. I know because I was in 3rd gear. The ******* just jacked up the speed so I couldn't go to traffic school. I lawyered up and he's goin down. I would flip if some cop pulled me because he wanted to "check my car out" I would get his badge number and turn his *** in for wasting my time and giving me a heart attack.

Quick Reply: Anybody getting pulled over often?