Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

computer locked out---Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

Default computer locked out---Help

Another unhappy dealership customer: Brought my car in for warranty work, got back and didnt check the strategy on my tune and little did i know ford must have reflashed my computer. Tried to put in the new tune, and half way through there was an error. The computer is locked up and the car wont start.

I feel soooo stupid that I did not check the strategy to the original one and avoided this whole big mess. In the mean time how long can i expect down time. Can Brenspeed fix this all by themselves or do i NEED ford? I hope this never happens again.....

(Warranty work: Too much space in the clutches in the rear, ford had to replace the clutches in the rear three times and when they finally get it right my car wont drive, had the car for over a year and its problems galore due purely to the dealership. last time i was in there they lost my locking lug nut key.)
Old 03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: computer locked out---Help

i got this from the brenspeed site, tech section

If you do not follow the above steps you can put yourself into a no start situation. If you allow the dealer to flash your computer and then you try to load our tunes that are a different strategy your vehicle will not start. This can EASILY be avoided by following the above steps.

If worst case scenario happens and you do not follow the above steps and you are put into a no start situation we can still help. It gets more complicated but we can through various methods get you into a new program that will make the vehicle start and run like it did before. The good news is there is always a solution and we can help.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

I read that too. Some other guys on this forum were saying that i need to get the car reflashed by ford. At the moment i cant even read the current strategy of my car. Can this be fixed with out fords involvement?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

They shouldn't have had to reflash the PCM for clutch packs. But it looks like hammeron got some good info for you.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:47 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

Thanks hammeron.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:48 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

does anyone know if the solution to this involves ford? More money, etc.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

hey sly, i don't know how it works
exactly, but if i had to guess, it's
like this..

brenspeed needs to know your original strategy.

brenspeed then looks at a chart to see what that
gets upgraded to

brenspeed makes a new tune for you and emails
it to you

what i don't know, is how you get your PCM
into a mode, to allow uploading....
Old 03-25-2008, 10:15 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

You have to tell them when you go to the dealer not to touch your pcm without your permission. Explain to them that you have a monitoring system installed in conjunction to your pcm and you must be made aware of any subsequent changes beforehand. You would think they'd know to ask by now...
Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed tech section, basically what hammeron told you except with a little more detail.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:07 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I just got my xcal2 from brenspeed and yesterday I went to upload the tune and the car would not start. It just cranked and cranked. I did a "return to stock" and now the car runs again. I read the strategy and what the tuner told me was not what the sticker says that's stuck on the computer. So it looks like brenspeed made a tune for my old strategy. At some point, the dealer updated my computer and never told me so I had no clue.

But I did not get any errors. The tune uploaded but the car wouldn't run and it still allowed me to return to stock.

The sticker on the computer says VDX1 (which is FBLF152) but the tuner tells me FBLF1G2 (which is SRV0). [:@]

Quick Reply: computer locked out---Help