Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Attn:ALL DIABLOSPORT U7145 OWNERS ???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:20 AM
unlawfl
1st Gear Member

Default Attn:ALL DIABLOSPORT U7145 OWNERS ???????

I bought one of these unitsfor some mild performance and to shut off the O2 sensors for an OR/H pipe. I plunked down some $370 for it.I updated my u7145 with their current revision, 8r.??.crom file. It operated fine and was able to shut off all O2 sensors through the OBD2 feature.

I soon saw on their site a new revision, an 9r.01.crom fileupdating the new Bullit model. I updated. I re-installed the canned93octane tune but found no OBD2 feature. It soon after three cycles threw a check engine lightshowing P0420 and P0430, and P1000.These codesare the rear O2 sensonsnot functioningcorrectly with the OR/H pipe. No brainer there.

I sent Diablosport a message explaining this new problem and they advised, "With all the current emissions restrictions now they cannot included that feature in their canned tunes. You will need a custom tune".A CUSTOM TUNE????

I just spent big $$$ for what I thought cured my problem and w/o warning they decided to change their program to not include this.

Has anyone had this issue yet and how to possibly remedy theO2 feature back into the U7145??? Does anyone still have the last8r.??.cromfile saved to there computer somewhere and able to email it to me. And lastly if able to get the 8r.??.crom file from someone will it overwrite the current 9r.01.crom that I just updated it to and not damage the unit??

PM me if you have this 8r.??.crom file

Thank you...thoughts anyone???
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Attn:ALL DIABLOSPORT U7145 OWNERS ???????

There should be something under ODBII, catalyst temps, huego or something.....these are what you are looking for.

And just for an FYI, the SCT doesnt have these at all, so dont complain to much
Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 AM
el matatan

i know u just spent alot of money on ur unit but right now bamachips is selling sinlge tune files for $50 whis is nothing if you tell me your car will run better than the canned tune from diablosport and you can tell him in the comment box to turn off the 02 sensors for only $50
Old 03-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

Go back to the previous tune. Why did you need the bullit program? I don't update anything unless I have to.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:51 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Just order a $50 from Bamachips. Trust me, even a mail order custom tune is a lot better than the canned Diablosport tune. I've pretty much given up on Diablosport adding any new functionality with firmware upgrades. Not to mention whenever they are asked when the single user CMR software will be available, they never give a straight answer.

http://www.diablosport.com/downloads...7145-8r07.crom
Old 03-26-2008, 04:08 PM
RedStang06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vapour Trails

Go back to the previous tune. Why did you need the bullit program? I don't update anything unless I have to.
+1
Old 03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Does anybody know if you can downgrade the firmware? I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:33 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

yes i think you can....i loaded the U series update on my C&L predator and it went heywire, i was able to then flash back to the CL series update no problems
Old 03-27-2008, 01:20 AM
unlawfl
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

Just order a $50 from Bamachips. Trust me, even a mail order custom tune is a lot better than the canned Diablosport tune. I've pretty much given up on Diablosport adding any new functionality with firmware upgrades. Not to mention whenever they are asked when the single user CMR software will be available, they never give a straight answer.

http://www.diablosport.com/downloads...7145-8r07.crom
Thanks for the insight in this matter and the help. I will try downgrading the filmware tomorrow with this 8r07.crom update. Will post how it turns out.

Unlawfl
Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

If it doesn't work out, you can always get a set of MIL eliminators.

Quick Reply: Attn:ALL DIABLOSPORT U7145 OWNERS ???????