Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Aeroforce 1/4mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:34 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Aeroforce 1/4mile times?

I was just playing around on the street, this was the first time I ever really did it. I am worried to beat on my clutch too much as I have other financial priorities at the moment. Plus I am a recovering track addict and I want to stay married. Once I go to the track, my credit cards will start to melt from friction, and well......it just ends badly.

My guess for the track is a 12.5 @ 116mph with a 2.4 60ft.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

I was just playing around on the street, this was the first time I ever really did it. I am worried to beat on my clutch too much as I have other financial priorities at the moment. Plus I am a recovering track addict and I want to stay married. Once I go to the track, my credit cards will start to melt from friction, and well......it just ends badly.

I don't think you'll run a 12.5 with a 2.4 60ft time. I ran a 12.9 with a 2.3 60 ft time at 117.6. You should be able to get a 2.0 60 time with the stock tires if you don't use full throttle in 1st/2nd. I imagine your trap speed will be a little lower than the aeroforce gauge. The Track equipment calculates it a littler differently.

could you record your MAF lbs/min? I recorded mine this morning and got just over 59lbs per minute. Did you notice that whatever the misfire says, the power bank1/bank 2 says the same thing? I don't think either of those work right on our cars.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

moose, I think that I saw your interceptor in a photo twice now, and I can't help me out of seeing it rotated to the left.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:39 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lito

moose, I think that I saw your interceptor in a photo twice now, and I can't help me out of seeing it rotated to the left.
I know it's tilted, but to straighten it I have to remove the F'n center panel! I made the thing to tight so trying to turn it from the outside ends up spinning the front cover.[:@] I'll get around to it, but until then I'll straighten it in photoshop, but then the background will be tilted.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

moose - holy crap 63psi!! I dont think I've ever seen more than 41 or so on mine. Do u have GT500 pumps?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I know it's tilted, but to straighten it I have to remove the F'n center panel! I made the thing to tight so trying to turn it from the outside ends up spinning the front cover.[:@] I'll get around to it, but until then I'll straighten it in photoshop, but then the background will be tilted.
Crazy idea but, what about one of these you may have @ your kitchen?:

and some towels/fabric to prevent scratching it?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

I agree, the track is extremely addicting. Well, if you ever feeling like having "just one more hit", I'mat the trackevery wednesday, friday is way too crowded. Also, funday sunday on april 6th.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

moose - holy crap 63psi!! I dont think I've ever seen more than 41 or so on mine. Do u have GT500 pumps?
Everyone with a intercooled whipple has the gt500 pumps. It jumps to 76psi when I shift. This is normal with the whipple tune.

Crazy idea but, what about one of these you may have @ your kitchen?:
Well only the face of the gauge will turn, the actual screen does not. The gauge has little buttons that stick out on each side, they are a button and toggle switch. I don't want to put any pressure on these buttons.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:23 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanSpeed

I agree, the track is extremely addicting. Well, if you ever feeling like having "just one more hit", I'mat the trackevery wednesday, friday is way too crowded. Also, funday sunday on april 6th.
Screw spin world, it's a zoo. Drive on up to Gainesville and i'll let you use my drag radials. Wed nights is usually dead at 7pm when test and tune starts.

I think Pinks will be there on April 18, which is when I'm taking vacation.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

mine is like a minumin of 13-15 and 76 max i think, even with the pedal at 100%, 76 is the most the blade reading is?
Sorry. I didn't see your question mark. 76 is what mine reads, so I guess that's normal.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce 1/4mile times?