Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does anyone have Cervinis side exhaust on their GT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:49 PM
AK43
1st Gear Member

Default Does anyone have Cervinis side exhaust on their GT?

I was wondering if i put them on my new 2008 GT (stock) mustang if I would loose HP or gain where there mufflers do not have much air flow restriction? Advice needed and appreciated. Thanx.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anyone have Cervinis side exhaust on their GT?

either stay the same or lose... wont gain any.

to make side exhausts on our cars it requires 2 90* bends I think, so most likely lose. what are your mods?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

You will lose about 1-3 hp. Nothing noticeable.

I would be more worried about ground clearance however.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:42 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Thats pretty funny. I wouldn't worry too much about gaining or losing hp with mufflers..
Old 03-31-2008, 02:23 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SONICBOOST3

Thats pretty funny. I wouldn't worry too much about gaining or losing hp with mufflers..

...you are completely changing the entire route of the exhaust... it doesn't come out the back anymore, it comes out of the side.

I realize the loss of hp could be negligible but perhaps not.

I know plenty of people who felt the loss of torque after installing stingers and loudmouths, how much could that possibly be?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:14 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

I am not sure about the HP part of the side exhaust because I didn't have it on a dyno before but the guy who did the tune said my numbers were higher than most of the stock (with CAI) automatics. If you have any ground clearence issues in your driving routes, then I am not sure these will be for you. The parts you get are two mufflers , two pipes bent almost like a question mark and 2 tips. they all fit together pretty well, and the hangers mount exactly where bolts just screw in. you have a bumber assy. thats got to be the biggest piece of this puzzle. it s fittment was very good. I had a problem running the frpp springs so I had to switch to the steeda springs. I have bump them loose a couple times. Even took it to a muffler shop to see ifI could get it tucked in/up better. no go it is already hitting the frame.I welded skid plates to the underside of the mufflers. I still scrub the ground on bad back country roads or gas station s were the fill caps off. This is the biggest pain in the ***. I am not sure if would do it again if given the chance. On the good side it looks good and sounds great. the parts are top notch but I worry what will happed when I knock the pipes out from under it.
if you need some pics look at my cardomain.com site look for YBNormal-GT

good luck hope this helps some one
Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I felt no change of what so ever from a stock stang. You have bends going up and over the axel for the stock exhaust and I have a similar design with Cervinis but turned to its side and exits out the side.... JMO But I love it and will not chage it anytime soon!
ORIGINAL: Burnsy

ORIGINAL: SONICBOOST3

...you are completely changing the entire route of the exhaust... it doesn't come out the back anymore, it comes out of the side.

I realize the loss of hp could be negligible but perhaps not.

I know plenty of people who felt the loss of torque after installing stingers and loudmouths, how much could that possibly be?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif] Love the sound and scaring the dickens out of people who want to hear it but stand lookin over your shoulder when you fire it up.....blows their pant legs up
Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

+1 on scaring people. I almost made two guys from the local club **** themselves yesterday when I was leaving the car show.. They were around the front of the building, the exit for the cars was in the back. I drove around the building, rounded the corner idling, coasted up on them, *VROOM!!* The jumped up in the air. It was sweet!!

LOL

Old 03-31-2008, 05:18 PM
CDT_Larry_J

I've heard the sides of the car under the door get scorching hot and could burn your leg. That true?

Quick Reply: Does anyone have Cervinis side exhaust on their GT?