Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Introduction and question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 PM
racegunz

Default Introduction and question

Hello I've been a "lurker" for sometime and have enjoyed the forum as it seems to be a good place for info. here's my exact question mixed with my personal experience that pretty much concluded today. I was/am in the market for an 08 GT I know exactly what I want but unfortunately Ford doesn't offer a GT/CS in Alloymetallic color. So for almost a year (I started looking in the 07 model year I stopped by dealerships looking at the various interior options ect. and ran across two different vista blue GT that had the two tone leather seats and the other options that I wanted. I was somewhat confused later when I saw that the two tone seats were supposedly only offered on the GT/CS. So when I finally went to order my car the dealer didn't know squat, he couldn't answer any of my questions let alone the one I'm asking you guys/gals. The main sales manager broke out the large code books and looked up the options and there it was a GT premium package with the interior upgrades could have a KD code for the color of seats the same as the GT/CS. With that info I was confident I was going to get what I wanted. Ford accepted the order and built the car, alas when it came in all was correct except the seats were not two tone, the dealer was confused as well, but still he won't even try to find out if it is even possible to get this option like he says the code was right. He will not make it right he said take it or leave it, well I left it and am just hoping that the incentive package that ends today will be better, so I can order again. Does anyone have a non- california special out there with factory installed two tone seats? If so how did you get them?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Introduction and question

I don't know about non CS cars having two-tone seats but you could easily get the roush seats which are basically the stock seats with the roush tone tone leather over them?

BTW: Welcome to the forum![sm=icon_cheers.gif]