Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brake vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Brake vibration

You know, you are a real piece of work. The OP says he has brake vibration that he can feel through the pedal, and I and others suggest it is a warped rotor. You call us out sayiong we are wrong. You haven't examined the rotors on his car. Nor have we. I have had this sort of rotor warpage many times in my driving years with the same symptoms. The, I produce an article, at your invitation, that suggests the exact symptoms and plausible cause which is a warped rotor. You suck buddy. Have a nice life.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

You know, you are a real piece of work. The OP says he has brake vibration that he can feel through the pedal, and I and others suggest it is a warped rotor. You call us out sayiong we are wrong. You haven't examined the rotors on his car. Nor have we. I have had this sort of rotor warpage many times in my driving years with the same symptoms. The, I produce an article, at your invitation, that suggests the exact symptoms and plausible cause which is a warped rotor. You suck buddy. Have a nice life.
You're just not nice and have zero respect for people. F1fan won't lower himself to your level.

Also, read the orginal post again and you will see the OP was talking about higher speed stops, not his daily driving.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: medgrill

I was just wondering if i was the only one that when i open it up a little maybe 90 that when i hit the brakes to slow down the brakes just fell like their vibrating. I can feel it threw the petal has any one else experience this. Just want to know what it is if its normaland what i can do about it. Thanks for the help.
I had the same issue as you have and remedied it with the exact thing F1fan suggested. I did the upgrade on my own after doing some research on pads and rotors. Daily driving did not bother my brake pedal (no vibrations)but high speed stops would. The vibration was bad and it got to be concerning during the high speed runs. I did not realize the rotors had hot spots in them until I pulled them off to have them turned prior to changing the pads. I order some new rotors from powerslot and combined with the new pads (Hawk HPS) it made a world of difference. I have much better initial bite and better overall braking control. They aren't noisy either. Best of all I have no issues from high speed stops likeI used to have.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:26 AM
baker 46
1st Gear Member

+1 ^^^^ I had the same symptoms and fixed it the exactsame way. Great minds mod alike.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Simon1

You're just not nice and have zero respect for people. F1fan won't lower himself to your level.

Also, read the orginal post again and you will see the OP was talking about higher speed stops, not his daily driving.

I was talking high speed. reread my posts. The fact remains, he can't come on here telling me and others that we were wrong when we were right. He has a big ego that has issues. I respect folks and help out all the time on here. Just don't call me out. You see, I have an ego too. Maybe he should have handled it better.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I was talking high speed. reread my posts. The fact remains, he can't come on here telling me and others that we were wrong when we were right. He has a big ego that has issues. I respect folks and help out all the time on here. Just don't call me out. You see, I have an ego too. Maybe he should have handled it better.
I think it's the other way around but whatever.

If your such the brake guru, what would you have done to solve the issue?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:37 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I think it's the other way around but whatever.

If your such the brake guru, what would you have done to solve the issue?

Yea, whatever.I don't proclaim to be a brake guru, just someone with over 40 years of driving and the experiences obtained from that over the years. But to answer your question, There is only 2 choices of action from my perspective. Either replace the rotors, (my choice because I never run a weakened part) or turn them.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

One other thing it could be as well (which happened to me on another vehicle) is a stuck or hanging caliper pistion (not sure how many are on the front brakes of the Mustang). But if I had to guess, it is the rotor being heat warped. I have a 05 Explorer that had 20" wheels installed and had to have the front rotors turned at 19,000 miles due tothem being warped. The tech told me the extra weight of the oversized tires and wheels was probably the cause, but I can't say for sure. Altough the caliper pistion may also be a cause. I'm not a mechanic but know what I have experienced in the past.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:46 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hi Simon1,

Sure I could get that low and have but that was when I was younger and smarter than I am now. Anyway you guys are doing an excellent job and I'll let you speak for me here.

Cheers!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Those big wheels will definately make a brake system work extra hard.

I think if it were hanging a caliper the issue would be more consistant, happening at all speeds rather than just from the high speed stops.

I've experienced brake fade or a pulsing sensation from the rotors from high speed stops on several Ford vehicles. Generally if therotors are allowed to cool slowly they recover just fine. The pads that come on the OE brakes work rather well under normal conditions, but suffer at the higher temps. Pads that come on every OEM vehicle must meet different standardthan after market pads. Don't ask me why but it's a fact. Just changing to a different pad in the front solved my issue, but since the rotors were heat chapped (had hot spots), not warped, I immediately replaced the rotors. Like the article Giidyup pointed out stated, heat damaged rotors can be turned but they will never be the same. Heat damage goes further than just the surface. Turning the rotor will make them look like they are okay but in reality,the rotors are still heat damaged and are more likey to seperate, warp or have heat cracks. This is why replacing a heat damaged rotor isthe practice used by people who have expereince dealing with rotors when considering a performance brake application.

Quick Reply: Brake vibration