Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Review of Steeda Tri-Ax *buyer beware*

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Review of Steeda Tri-Ax *buyer beware*

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

yeah...I have only heard really of 1 user that kept repeating the same comment "Hurst=shifting thru gravel"

And a few others said things like, "yeah its way too hard etc."

But I think these guys had something installed improperly
That user would be me My Hurstwas installed by a guy who regularly makes the cover on national magazines......so.....I don't think that was the problem. I don't think the Hurst is terrible, and I love the looks, but I do like my Tri-ax quite a bit better. The only problem I have had with the Tri-ax is sometimes the boot pops loose when I bang a shift [8D]
Old 04-11-2008, 09:40 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okbfd

The only problem I have had with the Tri-ax is sometimes the boot pops loose when I bang a shift [8D]

Just a little payback.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

You know, I think two many owners blindy fallow that stupid mentaility. My guy is SO and so and can never makemistakes. Listen people are people and everyone can make a mistake, and even the most experinced shops make mistakes. Theirs just thread after thread of people whom went to respectably shops and had an issue. So just because you went somewhere respectable doesn't mean you should be an ignorent owner and not check over stuff yourself. You might be surprised sometimes what you find.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nichepi

You know, I think two many owners blindy fallow that stupid mentaility. My guy is SO and so and can never makemistakes. Listen people are people and everyone can make a mistake, and even the most experinced shops make mistakes. Theirs just thread after thread of people whom went to respectably shops and had an issue. So just because you went somewhere respectable doesn't mean you should be an ignorent owner and not check over stuff yourself. You might be surprised sometimes what you find.
You know I think too many people make assumptions.......you know.....an *** of u and me?? Did you assume that the only Hurst on an S197 I have drivenwas one that was put in by this particular installer?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

My statement was a generalized statement and not specific to you or me or to hurst shifters,but to owners as a whole. Way to often is that statement made in reference to any installed product or paint job that so and so did my work and their soooo great and theirs never no way they can mess up. My statement was more generalized that owners shouldn't be so blind to question even professionals in the field.

But as a rebuttal to your statement.. how does that song go... "your so vein, I bet you think this thread is about you....bout you bout you"
Old 04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nichepi

But as a rebutal to your statement.. how does that song go... "your so vein, I bet you think this thread is about you....bout you bout you"
*sigh* Your rebuttal means soooo much to me spelling boy. I'm crushed
Old 04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

If thats the best you got you should be sighing at yourself. Maybe picking up a wrench for youself you might not be able to blame problems on everyone else but yourself.
But for being so myopic I'll run spell check just for you.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Children please! Enough...
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

I like the Tri-Ax and for what it's worth, I haven't had any of the issues mentioned. I never really noticed that much more NVH than stock, I used all of the stock boots and haven't had any problems with noise or excessive vibration.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: waykooljr

I like the Tri-Ax and for what it's worth, I haven't had any of the issues mentioned. I never really noticed that much more NVH than stock, I used all of the stock boots and haven't had any problems with noise or excessive vibration.
Did you happen to get an updated version of the shifter? Does yourshave the red polyurethane donut bushing on the rear end?

Quick Reply: Review of Steeda Tri-Ax *buyer beware*