Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

shipping from USA to Canada...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM
headinjury6

Default RE: shipping from USA to Canada...

where in canada are you from? and ST motorsports? they good? what are you getting done?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM
headinjury6

I have about a month off, I work the oilfield and its spring break up now.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

I don't know what you are ordering, but Steeda.ca is the place for getting Steeda parts (and others)in Canada. The prices are only slightly more expensive than on the US site, but you will not pay PST, because you are not in the same province as the seller. It's simply shipping cost plus GST.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:30 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ST is in San Bernardino CA.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Buhaha! Yeah do we ever get screwed! I think I read in the paper when our dollar was worth slightly more than the US dollar, our own companies within our country refused to sell us their products at American prices. All the car companieswere like"oh well it costs more tho produce in Canada." May be... but according to Consumer reports, at least 13 Domestic and Import models are built here and shipped back to the States anyway. Americandealers were being told to not sell to Canadians, even though they would make the same amount of money as if an American bough it!Sigh. We can't win...[>:]
Old 04-17-2008, 07:00 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT
Ummm, I'm hopefully driving to SoCal to ST Motorsports to get engine work done. Take 3 weeks off and drive down with me......hahaha
Hey CataclysmGT,

When you come down to San Berdo give me some lead time and I'll come out to Adam's place and buy you a nicelunch. I like your car's Darth Vader look and blacked out Saleen wheels. All you need now are small rows ofair brushed flush rivetsup and down the major body creases and a little bit of silver/gray air brush work to differentiate them as separate panels. Looks evil.

Cheers!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Fastrack

Most items from the US do not have duty unless it's made in China or such because of Free Trade. However you should always try and have the seller use USPS. I live in Toronto, Ontario and when I ordered my FRPP borlas I shipped them by UPS to a UPS Store in Niagara Falls New YOrk! All you have to pay then is the taxes or not... [8D] Oh and I think it was $5 for them to hold the package for 2 days - they have different levels of storage depending on the box size.

UPS is a complete rip, Fedex is a little better.

If you can get the seller to write something like "Warranty Replacement, no value to consignee - value for insurance purposes only" that worksvery well. Of course if you can also write the value below $20 cdn - it's a $2,000 item I wouldn't recommend it - customsdo not even look at apackage if the value is below $20 cdn
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

FedEx blows. Ask Jared at Lethal Performance what I had to deal with when Whipple shipped via FedEx

F1Fan: ill take you up on that offer for sure. Just have to call Adam's shop tomorrow, let him know what I am thinking of doing.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:06 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Stang Motorsports Edmonton http://www.stangmotorsports.com/

Mustang Shop Calgary http://www.themustangshop.ca/

WMS Racing Calgary http://www.wmsracing.com/

I use Brenspeed and Bamachips in the US. UPS will nail you for fees. If you use one of the local shops they get a much better shake on the broker fees it seems.....