Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 PM
tofast4u1989

Default HELP!!!!

i have a 20005 auto gt mustang. i have had the fuel pump replaced by the TSB back in october, now i am expereincing hesitaiotn about about 60 mph when it goes to shift. it only does it when you punch it at about 30mph then when it shifts at 60 mph thats wehn it hesitates. and it only does it when it wants to it seems to do it more after being driven around for awhile. i have cleaned my maf sensor and throttle body so does anyone know what this could be?

Old 04-16-2008, 11:33 PM
headinjury6

Default RE: HELP!!!!

this probably isnt the problem but it might work, maybe the intake is dirty, when you punch it, it will try to take in alot of air at once and if its plugged with something or dirty it wont but when it smothly accelerates it has time to work through the dirt... I had that problem in an MR2... like I put in a differnt post... but when an engine hesitates for me when I punch it I usually start by ripping apart the intake and giving it a bath... sometimes it works, most the time not lol

Just something to try probably not the problem