Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Threw a Saleen SC on my car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:53 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Default Threw a Saleen SC on my car!!!!!

Hey guys,

Well after debating on doing it, I decided to pull the trigger! I made the 2 1/2 hour trip down to Brenspeed (from Michigan) to have a Stage 2 Saleen SC package installed by them!

A little background, this is my first mustang and I drove it for one summer so far (only drive it in the summer because of the winters in Michigan) so. It's an '06 GT automatic black w/ red interior upgrade package and 18" chrome Foose nitrous rims. So far I have put an off road x-pipe and boom tube axle backs on the car. Along with painting the calipers red and throwing a Pioneer Avic-D3 headunit.

So fater doing some reading I decided to have Brenspeed install the SC for me. It was a great experience! I got there at 8am and it usually takes until 5-6 pm for them to install these packages, but I was out of there by 4pm! I met all the guys down there (Brent, Dave and Seth), they were all great! Dave did the instal and was great about it, giving me updates along the way. Brent even offered to buy me lunch and Dave even went with a quick drive for me after the instal was done to make sure everything was ok. It was a great experience and I highly suggest having Brenspeed do the install if possible! Everyone there was so knowledgable and helpful. I even got 2 tee-shirts when I left!

I was originally going to have the Saleen Stage 3 package installed, but Dave called me the day before my appointment and told me about an issue with the spark plugs coming out. Last week they had an issue getting 2 spark plugs out and 2 broke off. I thought this was GREAT customer service. I mean they could have not told me about the issue and just risked it, but instead they did the right thing and told me. So, I ended up having the Stage 2 package put in.

I also had an Autometer boost gauge installed in the air vent on the left of the steering wheel. It looks clean and I like the look.

So, I'm sure you are wondering what the numbers from the dynoare.....well..... 411 HP and 409 torque! Remember I went from basically stock (with off road x-pipe and boom tubes) to 411 HP, needless to say it was a SHOCK and I really really like the extra power!

After talking with Dave, I think in another few months (have to have surgery on my shoulder) after I recover from my surgery I will have Brenspeed send me the upgrades for the Stage 3 kit and have a Ford dealership pull the spark plugs out and put the new ones in and then just add the fuel pump and new pulley myself. Brent said he could just email me an updated tune based on the dyno results yesterday!

Needless to say I am extremely happy and am very pleased with my new SC! The power is incredible!

I was going to take pictures, but it rained last night and the car is dirty, plus it's overcast here. So as soon as it clears up I will get some pictures up!

Nick
Old 04-25-2008, 02:55 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Threw a Saleen SC on my car!!!!!

congrats!

excellent choice
Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Sweet! Welcome to the real twin screw crew!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:08 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Congratulations, make sure you sign in to the boost club. Brenspeed's customer service is the best of anyone I've ever dealt with. I wish I lived as close as you do. It's an amazing difference in powerisn't it? Hope you have some suspension work done, you'll need it.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:13 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

yes, congrats,but i do have a question, your on the reg spark plugs
Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Hey,

Yeah I have BMR LCA, I forgot to mention that. What else do you guys think I should get in terms of suspension? What else would help? I have noticed a big difference with the LCA's on there, but are there other things that would help?

mustard05-Yes I have the spark plugs that came with my mustang right now.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

congrats on the SC, even if it is a Saleen.j/k those are great TS superchargers.
hey, another dual crew member: Saleen and Boomtube crew member.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

A good set of Drag Radials

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-25-2008, 06:01 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I wish I lived close to brenspeed. They sound like great guys and i'd like them to tune my car. Congrats on the blower and it's nice to hear even brent breaks spark plugs. This is the first i've heard of a mustang shop breaking a plug.

You'd think brenspeed would have a tool to easily remove the spark plug shield.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

CONGRATS ON GETTING BLOWN!!

Quick Reply: Threw a Saleen SC on my car!!!!!