Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally dynoed the whipple HO.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally dynoed the whipple HO.

Great numbers. Where did you go for the tune?

Humidity in this area is often 100%
We were at No Problem friday, you could cut the air with a knife. Look forward to seeing you at the track soon.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

Great numbers. Where did you go for the tune?

Humidity in this area is often 100%
We were at No Problem friday, you could cut the air with a knife. Look forward to seeing you at the track soon.
That's on the FRPP tune. Ran the car on the dyno for free in a yet-to-be-named shop in Chalmette. (Gotta love freebies!) Right now, there is no open shop in Chalmette. The St. Bernard parish council refused to approve a zoning change last month for the property they are located on.They insisted that the business owners immediately adjacent to the property come to the next council meeting to express their approval. Sounds like bureaucratic BS to me, but if all goes well, there will be a shop in Chalmette again soon.

I'm sure I'll run into you at NPR eventually. I just hope I don't end up next to you so I get shown up on my youtube vids, lol.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:27 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Did you get the second generation whipple?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I think in another thread it was one of the last of the first generation whipples? Nine -quick question what degree timing is your tune at now? Just curious ... I have the first gen whipple and running about 10.7 boost and 11.5 A/F at WOT and at 6000 rpms I was at 10.9 (pig rich) yeilding 454 RWHP in 93 degree heat and 60+ humidity in september. I had to get it retuned because of sputter on startup (only while cold) and the dyno at 69 degrees and 30% humidity yeilded 465 RWHP and the torque stayed the same at 440 RWTQ. I attribute that to the heavy 20's and the totally stock driveline. This year is the year of supproting mods like the 8-rib belt kit and thumper tensioner, one piece DS, new motor mounts and McLeod twin disk....than back to the dyno and she what happens.... (hopefully no "boom"[&:]) J
ORIGINAL: moosestang

Old 04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

These are on my short list as well..

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I think in another thread it was one of the last of the first generation whipples? Nine -quick question what degree timing is your tune at now? Just curious ... I have the first gen whipple and running about 10.7 boost and 11.5 A/F at WOT and at 6000 rpms I was at 10.9 (pig rich) yeilding 454 RWHP in 93 degree heat and 60+ humidity in september. I had to get it retuned because of sputter on startup (only while cold) and the dyno at 69 degrees and 30% humidity yeilded 465 RWHP and the torque stayed the same at 440 RWTQ. I attribute that to the heavy 20's and the totally stock driveline. This year is the year of supproting mods like the 8-rib belt kit and thumper tensioner, one piece DS, new motor mounts and McLeod twin disk....than back to the dyno and she what happens.... (hopefully no "boom"[&:]) J

Old 04-29-2008, 10:05 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

very nice!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Yes, it was the second to last 1st Gen shippedby whipple. I cannot recall exactly what my timing was set at. I'll have to get it from the computer when I go back on the 17th. All my info is saved, so I'll just have to look it up. My air/fuel stayed fairly steady at about 11.2 to 11.3, which is still to rich for me. I probably made slightly more boost than you due to my being at sea level. I already have the one piece driveshaft and a SPEC II, which may have attributed to my higher-than-average numbers. If you dynoed on those 20s, then you could probably have hit 5-10 more HP with a set of 17s. I'm also interested in the Thumper tensioner. I saw a picture of it on another forum and it is beautiful. Where can I buy it??
Old 04-30-2008, 08:13 PM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

VERY NICE NUMBERS. THAT WILL BE A GOOD 11 SEC. CAR
Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024
I'm also interested in the Thumper tensioner. I saw a picture of it on another forum and it is beautiful. Where can I buy it??
I am pretty sure Adam at ST makes one too. CK recommended it, said it was a little cheaper as well.

Maybe we should try to get a group buy on the ST, or Thumper tensioners, I will go in on it. I am sure with all the Whipple's going in lately we could get quite a few. Any interest?
Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024
I'm also interested in the Thumper tensioner. I saw a picture of it on another forum and it is beautiful. Where can I buy it??
I am pretty sure Adam at ST makes one too. CK recommended it, said it was a little cheaper as well.

Maybe we should try to get a group buy on the ST, or Thumper tensioners, I will go in on it. I am sure with all the Whipple's going in lately we could get quite a few. Any interest?
I've seen Adam's frankentensioner as well as thumper's tensioner in pics, and thumper's tensioner is infinitely more aesthetically pleasing (nothing against Adam's). I'd be down for a thumper group buy if anyone can tell me where to buy it, lol.

Quick Reply: Finally dynoed the whipple HO.