Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT500 TB on 4.0L to 3v 5.4L swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default GT500 TB on 4.0L to 3v 5.4L swap

Hey everyone, I don't come on here much... but I figured a lot of people have been doing the JDM and RPM Outlet GT500 TB upgrades for the 05-08 GTs.

I swapped out my supercharged 4.0L for a 3v 5.4L from an F150. It took me from last September, but the car is running and driveable. However, I'm still having some problems.

Since I need to have the intake manifold custom made, I had the option to have it fitting with a GT or a GT500 throttle body flange for the same cost. I opted for the GT500. I ordered the part from Ford, and it bolted up w/o issue.

The car runs, but I get a P2104: Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Idle during light acceleration. Heavy accelleration seems fine. Usually, it happens inbetween the shift from 1st to 2nd. Of course, I shut the car off, wait a few seconds to start it up again, and it's fine until it happens again. If I drive very carefully, it won't come on at all.

Most of the people I've talked to seem to think it's the GT500 throttle body. I've heard of GT owners having all sorts of problems with BBK and other aftermarket TBs, mostly because you have to mess with the spring. Mine, however, was a direct bolt on. No spring business whatsoever. So I guess my main question is, do the people that sell the GT500 TB upgrade do anything to the TB before they send it (other than the adapter plate)? Because I have not heard of anyone installing the GT500 throttle body, only to get Forced Idle.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Oh, and here's a link to pictures of the completed build. You can go to the first page to see the project from the beginning:
http://tinyurl.com/6orzy4

...and here's a link to the YouTube video of the first run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPJVxg_yAA#GU5U2spHI_4
Old 04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: GT500 TB on 4.0L to 3v 5.4L swap

For God's sake, this site is ****ty. No wonder I don't come here any more! I can't believe you guys are so obsessed with revenue, that you would cut out links to "competitors".

Go ahead and delete my account. **** this place.

Oh, and if you do a search on Google (is that blocked, too?) for the following, you'll find the threads on it:

flapjack project 4.0l to 5.4l

Feel free to mail me at 'chris aaaatt legendlime daht calm' and I'll answer any questions about the swap.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ill give you another chance.....

And the GT500 TB does not need anything done, its a bolt up and go mod
Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, I see you deleted much more than the offending text. You also deleted information about where someone on this forum can find my swap, as well as how to email me if they're curious what they'd be getting into if they decided to do the same.

Go ahead and ban me. You'd be doing me a favor, while removing content that actually HELPS members who would want to do something like I did. I have no problem playing martyr for the community (which believe it or not, DOES exist outside of the Mustang Forums).

I'd be impressed if even this post stays here, but if it doesn't, I certainly won't be surprised. Don't worry, if it disappears, it'll be cached on legendlime.com for the world to see, as well as a diatribe on why REAL Mustang Enthusiasts should stay away from here. ...and believe me, with two magazine articles currently being about my swap, I'll have no problem spreading the word.

Then again, should something be done to end these stupid and pointless "forum wars", I'd be more than willing to retract my statements and continue to be a member who contributes to the community.

Do what you see fit.

...oh yeah, thanks for the reply regarding my original request for help. I REALLY do appreciate it. That is what community forums are all about!

Chris
Old 04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you asked for ban and you shall recieve.....all i deleted was you bashing MF and looking like an ***......i even fixed the link in your first post for you so someone can click on it and go to your thread...

And yet all you do is continue to badmouth this site which provides help for the mustang community.

sorry to see you go!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Not banned yet? Don't get me wrong... I'd be a little bummed, as this was the first Mustang forum I ever joined. Still, if I am banned, it'll just confirmed everything everyone has said negative about this site in the past few years. Hopefully you guys won't be like this forever. This was (and in a way, still IS) a great site. Good luck to everyone else who frequents here. If you need anything, search Google for - Flapjack mustang - and you'll find me.

Ciao.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

im lost, fill me in
Old 04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: howarmat

you asked for ban and you shall recieve.....all i deleted was you bashing MF and looking like an ***......i even fixed the link in your first post for you so someone can click on it and go to your thread...

And yet all you do is continue to badmouth this site which provides help for the mustang community.

sorry to see you go!
First off, you DID delete more than my badmouthing. You deleted my entire reply. Secondly, thank you for restoring the link. I didn't see that, and that was the reason I was so ticked off in the first place.

**EDIT**
The link you provided doesn't work anyways....
Old 04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

I just don't understand WHY we can't post links to other Mustang forums. It's not like I'm on here saying "Hey guys, this place sucks! Why don't you go over to <insert random mustang site> instead?". I could SEE that getting edited. But a link to my 4.0L to 5.4L swap?? The only reason I started it there was because there are so darn many modular swaps going on over there, I figured I'd get plenty of help, even though no one had done this particular swap before....

Old 04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

well link no worky and im still interested in whats up. i mean it cant be over badmouthing this site, who doesnt j/k

Quick Reply: GT500 TB on 4.0L to 3v 5.4L swap