Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I HATE INSURANCE. Just throwing that out there.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Default I HATE INSURANCE. Just throwing that out there.

"Hmm, did some mods to your car did you? Well, bend over and bite down on this, because its going to sting a bit."

$1250/year previous............now $2933/year
Pretty sure I am not going to be insuring it during winter.........but still.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I HATE INSURANCE. Just throwing that out there.

I wouldn't cancel during the winter and then reinstate you insurance during the summer, that will raise your rates as well. If you car is not a daily driver check into low milage programs. That might help you out.

Who is your carrier?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:38 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

they bumped up your insurance for that?

i know insurance rates just went up but damn.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

damn that sucks. glad i haven't told my insurance company what i've already done and what is in the works. but i guess it works when my mom used to work for the agent for 8 yrs. rates didn't go up for the 11 points i had on my license last yr or the $7000 in damage i did in the wreck to the rear end.
sorry bro.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

If I didn't tell them what I had done to the car, and I did get in an accident, they would not have to cover me.
Maybe I should have bought an AMG C63 instead............. [&:]
Old 05-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

must be a canadian thing.. State Farm doesn't charge extra for mods, nor do you have to disclose them.. they insure the vehicle, and all items that are permanent to it.. no matter what you have done to it... and legally in Arizonafailure to disclose performance mods wouldn't make them not cover it. but insurance rules change from state to state and im sure country to country..
Old 05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

State Farm doesn't even charge extra if you drop a new, and larger, engine in your car (last time I checked). They told me they go specifically by the VIN number. So... if you have a v-6 and drop in a v-8, for example,you still pay thev-6 rate. if you get in a wreck though and screw your engine up, then you are pretty much out of luck, but you are still paying lower rates.[/align]
Old 05-01-2008, 06:18 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear about your premiums cat....

i never even considered for a second,
telling my ins. about my s/c

Old 05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Fastrack

Oh it's a Canadian thing unless your in Ontario it's even more. I'm having the same issues except I haven't actually installed Mr. Whipple yet, let alone ordered it.

State Farm up in Canada will drop you like a ROCK if you have lowering springs, different wheels ANYTHING that isn't stock so I've heard. I even heard from someone (they aren't with statefarm) the agent thought his shakker intake was the same as NOS!! (Which is illegal in ontario)

I'm with BelAir Direct and they told me as posted in another thread that Wheels, Brakes would be fine but if I install a supercharger they would drop my insurance. I now I have an inspection at some random point in time within the next 3 months to ensure I haven't done any mods.[:@][:@] mfers

Oh and another thing.. Currently in Ontario 50km/h (31.5mph) over the posted speed limit - on your highways it's 100km/h (62mph):
1) Automatic suspension of license for 7 days
2) Up to a $10,000 fine
3) They tow your car away for 7 days

And #4 they wanted to, but never passed: CRUSH ANY CAR that was deemed a "STREET RACER", think the Fast & **** movie! They even mentioned that damn **** movie when they were talking about this, we have more ricers in Ontario then anywhere else on the planet I'm pretty sure.[:'(]
Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Man the insurance companies you guys are talkin' about really suck. I work for USAA and all I need is a receipt for my add ons and I'm good. But if you have an at fault accident your rates should go up. Statictically you are a higher risk.

Quick Reply: I HATE INSURANCE. Just throwing that out there.