Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Motor Gone (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:46 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Motor Gone

DAmn sorry to read this thread Simon1....cant wait to see the new motor and the new numbers!.....sorry for your loss... J
Old 05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Thanks,

I think I'm getting an ulcer over this thing.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:11 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I respect this opinion. I guess I'm lucky to have several excellant local wrenches to choose from. I'm really a drink a beer with you and get to know you before you do work for me kind. You guys make wrenching seem like rocket science though and I guess it is. This pic is from a 2007 gt that was tuned by a popular Texas shop. The guy whose car this is said his car dyno'd at 550 whp and his tuner said it would be "fine" to run that with his stock block...

ORIGINAL: tached_out

well for me its not about them expanding and making there shop bigger its about who is working on my car. They can open up 100 Spankin Time's but the only person who will tune my car is Adam. Just like the only guy who wrenches on my car is my buddy Matt from Caliber Customs in Fresno. Its really not about which shop touches my car and I am sure its the same for every one else its about who we allow to work on our car.

There will all ways be a HUGE waiting list for the best mechanics. If I turn my car over to ST for engine work I expect it to take a while to get done. What I all ways tell people who touch my car. Just take your time and dont get in a hurry.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:52 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Damn that is chewed up! I could care less what anyone says.....with that kind of HP and TQ on a stock motor even if the tune is spot on things can go wrong with just a hiccup in any system responsible for running the motor and making it all work together and have a computer control all that...... remember guys that humans make the car and everything that goes into to it whether it is designing it and manufacturing it and putting it all together and unless I am mistaken none of us are perfect! (even the best tuners) and you take a chance at any level of boost and HP regardless of the tune....JMO J -All this is just motivating me to go forged much sooner and have some piece of mind! I would not change anything I have done to the car so far even the order to which I applied those mods.....I love this car and the FI!!!!!!!! period!

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

I respect this opinion. I guess I'm lucky to have several excellant local wrenches to choose from. I'm really a drink a beer with you and get to know you before you do work for me kind. You guys make wrenching seem like rocket science though and I guess it is. This pic is from a 2007 gt that was tuned by a popular Texas shop. The guy whose car this is said his car dyno'd at 550 whp and his tuner said it would be "fine" to run that with his stock block...

ORIGINAL: tached_out

well for me its not about them expanding and making there shop bigger its about who is working on my car. They can open up 100 Spankin Time's but the only person who will tune my car is Adam. Just like the only guy who wrenches on my car is my buddy Matt from Caliber Customs in Fresno. Its really not about which shop touches my car and I am sure its the same for every one else its about who we allow to work on our car.

There will all ways be a HUGE waiting list for the best mechanics. If I turn my car over to ST for engine work I expect it to take a while to get done. What I all ways tell people who touch my car. Just take your time and dont get in a hurry.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:43 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

+1 on going forged.. I'm trying not to beat on her too badly this season, and I'm going to get a Livernois 298 stroker next spring.

Unless anyone knows any reason why I shouldn't go with them??

Simon - sorry to hear about the engine, but I'm sure you'll have her back together, better than ever, in no time.