Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Who's using the summit racing coils?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Who's using the summit racing coils?

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: cfr865

Why are the Xcop's so much better then the Accels and twice the money?
Why are the GMS coils $500? I have no idea.
I've heard nothing but bad about the GMS, failing and such.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:21 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

If I were you Moosestang I would check this link out http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightwip.htm#1and get summit to refund you $40.00 back on a price match. Thats what I did when I bought mine from Jegs because I did not want to buy anything through RPM.
I sent them an LFP an email with that link asking if they would price match atleast 1/2 the difference. If someone has gotten a set from rpmoutlet for that price and in a timely manner, then please post here.

That's $100 difference in price, but I have my doubts that rpm would ever deliver. You have to be careful with advertised prices on the internet. The aftermarket auto industry isn't nearly as bad as the digital camera industry.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

The new ones are supposed to be better.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

just curious here jared, any actual numbers for the voltage?? That is one thing that it seems all companies are not telling the consumer?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: cfr865

Why are the Xcop's so much better then the Accels and twice the money?
Money doesn't make a product good or bad and I'm a true believer that just because something costs more doesn't mean it's better. In the case of the Xcops compared to the Accels and other coils on the market I believe performance and quality is whats seperates the Weapon X coils from the others. With that said I would definitely be wlling to pay $150-200 more for something knowing that it's going to perform better. Why doesn't everyone buy a magnuson supercharger for their cars since they cost less than the HO Whipple kit? Again, It's about the quality and performance that the product delivers which sets its own market and makes it what it is.

I also believe that the Accel coils are more of an entry level coil. Like an OEM replacement with a little higher output than stock. The Weapon X coils are high performance offering a much greater output than stock. Not only the output but the design and function of them is what seperates them from the others. We've seen how well these things work in the 2 and 4V community and it's almost time for them to break out in the 3V community. Trust me when I say that these are well worth buying over the competition.

Jared
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

My first set of GMS coils were garbage. They failed over and over. I now have the updated design and I am quite happy with them.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: howarmat

just curious here jared, any actual numbers for the voltage?? That is one thing that it seems all companies are not telling the consumer?
I guess Magicians neverl tell their tricks! LOL

In all seriousness I don't have an actual voltage # on the Xcops but I'm sure I can find out.

Jared

Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Jared, what's the output going to be on those Xcops? The reason I went back to GMS was because none of the other companies could tell me what the difference in their coils was. Granatelli advertises 60,000 volts, but no one else advertises anything but "better than stock."

I wish I'd have known you guys were working on coils. I don't mind sending huge chunks of my paycheck your way. But you already know that.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
samus720
2nd Gear Member

Jared, thanks for clearing that up for me. When your weaponx xcops are up for sale, I'll probably be in the lineup for a set.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boostaddict

Why doesn't everyone buy a magnuson supercharger for their cars since they cost less than the HO Whipple kit?
Jared
Because it has some weird belt on the back and looks funny.

Quick Reply: Who's using the summit racing coils?