Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SLP axleback users SOUND OFF!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:19 PM
mtx24

Default RE: SLP axleback users SOUND OFF!

ORIGINAL: iluvmycar
So I'm kinda stuck right now as of what to do.
Then I thought of the muff take off and tip put on.
But I dunno if I would get in trouble with mr. lawdog for that or not, or if the shops would even do it.
I doubt you will have trouble finding a shop, a couple might turn you down, but not all. Hell my dealership did my SLP's and O/R X! You need a set of muffler delete pipes or something, though, it will look weird with nothing there, and it will look like you just removed your muffler. SLPs look like professionally installed exhaust.

Also, a catted x-pipe will give you slight power and sound, but not much. I wouldn't bother unless you want to go off-road, which is cheaper anyway.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

I have SLP Power Flo's and love them. Anybody else with these?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Koehn
1st Gear Member

How do the power flo's sound?? Loud????
Old 05-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I doubt you will have trouble finding a shop, a couple might turn you down, but not all. Hell my dealership did my SLP's and O/R X! You need a set of muffler delete pipes or something, though, it will look weird with nothing there, and it will look like you just removed your muffler. SLPs look like professionally installed exhaust.

Also, a catted x-pipe will give you slight power and sound, but not much. I wouldn't bother unless you want to go off-road, which is cheaper anyway.
Hrm.. muff delete pipes eh? So you're saying if I just had the muffs taken off and put tips it would not look that good?
I'm wondering how much something like this would cost in comparison to ordering the SLP's then paying for them to be installed. I'm guessing the SLP route would be alot more expensive comparatively.
I'm also wondering if going the route of doing this would mess with my warranty. (may be stupid question)

[/align]
Old 05-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Are these things really that loud w/o an offroad pipe? I have boomtubes and while louder than stock it's not anything insane... And that's more or less a straight through as well.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:13 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iluvmycar

Hrm.. muff delete pipes eh? So you're saying if I just had the muffs taken off and put tips it would not look that good?
I'm wondering how much something like this would cost in comparison to ordering the SLP's then paying for them to be installed. I'm guessing the SLP route would be alot more expensive comparatively.
I'm also wondering if going the route of doing this would mess with my warranty. (may be stupid question)

[/align]
Do the install yourself... I un-installed the stockers and installed the SLP's in less than an hour. Only tool need is a ratchet and a socket, or just a wrench.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Jbrandt22
1st Gear Member

No tickets for me, The difference between the stock and the LM's is like night and day!!! You won't be disappointed. I have a few videos, but nothing that does them anywhere near any justice.

I can't imagine how loud these would be with an O/R Pipe...

Very easy installation, can be done with all basic tools. The hardest part is getting the stock bolts un done

Donut vid:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=34259005

Just a take off:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=34177267

My buddy has the same exact car as mine, as you can see in my take off video. And he is so amazed by the sound of my exhaust. He has the MAC Prochamber I believe, and you wouldn't believe the amount of buyers remorse he has when he hears my car.

You WONT be disappointed

Old 05-23-2008, 02:28 PM
nemisisn3misis
1st Gear Member

The install isnt too bad depending how high you lift your car...for me it was almost 3 feet off the ground with a jack and stands. it took about 1 hour to get them on and it totally is NIGHT AND DAY! in a good way of course
Old 05-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Live Wire
1st Gear Member

I did my install in about an hour with no jacks. I was even able to remove the muffs without removing the back hanger. Took a little shimmying, but I got it out. The sound is decent, though I could stand it to be louder at lower RPMs. WOT and they really sing. I don't know what all the fuss is about cops. I can guarantee that unless youre flooring it past the cop, they are not going to say a thing. Its that simple. They are not loud at cruising speeds, but act like an a-hole past a cop, you deserve it.

My only complaint is my left pipe needs to be bentin a little to make the tip come straight out. The right pipe is perfect. Anyone know if these stainless steel pipes will bend easy? Should I apply heat to it or will that "stain" the pipe.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:06 PM
bhaz413
1st Gear Member

Got them on my v6, sounds good imo

Quick Reply: SLP axleback users SOUND OFF!