Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ordering a 2006 GT with X-plan??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
HellaSmooth

Default Ordering a 2006 GT with X-plan??

Hello all

Just had a couple of questions about ordering with a X-plan. I called one of the local dealerships and was told that the xplan could only be used on the V6. I then called another dealership in the area and asked them about using the xplan they said come on in and well talk about it. I should be able to use the Xplan on the Gt correct?? My other question is i got this xplan pin through a friend who works at hp, when i received my pin via email the email stated that i need a W2 or some other information showing that i worked at HP. Do the dealers normally check for this or is it you have a pin in your name your all set. Also my local dealership said that the longest it would take after ordering it would be 12 weeks, I dont see how that can be true...

Thanks for any information..
Old 04-26-2005, 03:50 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Ordering a 2006 GT with X-plan??

The PIN can be transferred to whomever the original owner wants. The dealer can ( and might ) ask for proof of the originator's employment. That is strictly up to the dealer.

You can use the X Plan on whatever the dealer chooses to honor it on. It is strictly up to the dealer. Not Ford, not the grantor of the PIN, not the salesperson's cat....Strictly up to the dealer.

As for wait time on an 06.....who knows. First they have to start accepting orders for them, then they have to start building them.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:09 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

job 1 on 06's are the first week of august....so if you get pulled in the dealers first week of allocation you might see it mid september or so.....all depends on dealer allocation....i work for a dealer in ny....all my 05 allocation is gone...finit...muerta....i myself am ordering an 06...gotta see the color chart first though...ill be ordering mine and keeping it in the order bank till january or so then releasing it
and yes dealers can refuse and xplan for a vehicle....we dont refuse xplans but most do especially on v-8 and converts
Old 04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Raynemaker

KandyMan--

Can anyone place an order and have it held in the order bank for awhile? Or is that only for those with the right connections?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

I bought a GT using the Xplan here in Southwestern Oklahoma.....Most dealers in Ok City are not honoring it ....Buy in a small town near you!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:12 PM
HellaSmooth

Thanks for the info...............
Old 04-28-2005, 01:13 PM
stanglife1

I tried to use the X-plan in in VA they would not use it on any Mustang.

Good Luck. By the way at the Dodge Dealership they did ask proof of employment and it was not transferable except to spouses.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:45 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I bought my GT on X plan right off the lot, and found two other dealers locally that would honor X plan on ordering one. Again, it is completely up to the dealer.

As for not allowing a transfer, that has something to do with the arrangement your company has with the car company ( Ford, Dodge, GM, etc. ) X plans are different for my company for Ford than they are for GM ( for example ). But I know for a fact that I can transfer my PIN to someone else, because I have done it twice. Once to another family member, and once to a non family member. All they had to do was show proof of employment from the person they got the PIN from. I get two purchases a year with my PIN. And the PIN is good for one year.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:05 PM
tranzam01

OK........I am lost what is an Xplan?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
CoochDog

ORIGINAL: tranzam01

OK........I am lost what is an Xplan?
http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/vehi...ograms/axz.htm

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2006 GT with X-plan??