Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Clutch Options for SC'ed guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Default Clutch Options for SC'ed guys

Wondering what clutch you guys have. Im currently looking at the Exedy clutches. Anyone have it?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:09 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Clutch Options for SC'ed guys

I am running the Specs II +/ aluminum flwheel, but have had nothing but problems with it, I am looking at a Mcleod RST Twin disc, along with the Mcleod bearing kit.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

i have a spec 3+ w/ fidanza alum. flywheel
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Ive heard couple people having trouble with spec clutches but they seem to be the most popular.

ORIGINAL: sactown

I am running the Specs II +/ aluminum flwheel, but have had nothing but problems with it, I am looking at a Mcleod RST Twin disc, along with the Mcleod bearing kit.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:39 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

It seems that the Specs are very easy to get, everyone sells them, and they are generally less expensive. I have only heard of 1 person having issue with a Specs 3, but on one of the other forums there are several people having a similiar issue to mine with the Specs II +, but it seems to be limited to that clutch package. Just curious are you out of sacramento? I have seen a black mustang with a lic plate of blks197
Old 05-27-2008, 12:55 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Nope im in LA.

It seems that the Specs are very easy to get, everyone sells them, and they are generally less expensive. I have only heard of 1 person having issue with a Specs 3, but on one of the other forums there are several people having a similiar issue to mine with the Specs II +, but it seems to be limited to that clutch package. Just curious are you out of sacramento? I have seen a black mustang with a lic plate of blks197
Old 05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm going to email spec and ask them if the pressure plate is different between the 2 and 2+. I don't think it is, but who knows.

Spec stage 2 with spec billet steel flywheel, no problems so far. I see a lot of people using the fidanza aluminum flywheel with other clutch brands. I would stick to the flywheel offered by your clutch manufacturer, but that's just my opinion.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

If I was to do It again I would go with the mcleod RST. Will be sending the Fidanza Twin disc back to them tomorrow to see if they will warranty it.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:03 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Meangreen1200

If I was to do It again I would go with the mcleod RST. Will be sending the Fidanza Twin disc back to them tomorrow to see if they will warranty it.
What's the problem with the Fidanza? I am waiting on an RST, but I was thinking about pulling the trigger on the Fidanza Twin disc from Lethal.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Don't know yet, have to send it to Fidanza and they will tell me if they will warranty it. It started slipping at higher RPM. The mechanic took it and said it was cooked(blue) from the spinning. I have not seen it yet. I will let you know what Fidanza says.

Quick Reply: Clutch Options for SC'ed guys