Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New: Ram S197 HD Adjustable Hydraulic Slave Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default New: Ram S197 HD Adjustable Hydraulic Slave Cylinder

All new from Ram is their heavy duty Adjustable Hydraulic Slave Cylinder. This is a great option for guys running aftermarket clutches that need better clutch adjustment. The issue with a hydraulic clutch is that unlike the traditional style clutch there's no cable or firewall adjuster to dial in the proper adjustment needed for the clutch to engage properly. We have all seen a bunch of the S197 guys struggle with where their clutches engage and this new product from Ram is the solution.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-cylinder.html

This is a direct replacement for the stock slave cylinder and allows for a wider range of adjustment then the stock slave cylinder does. The Ran bearing will provide up to a .600 inch of travel using a 3/4" bore master cylinder.

For a limited time Lethal Performance is offering these for a special price of $319.99 Shipped. We've got several kits on the way from Ram to us which will we'll be able to start shipping to customers on Friday.

If you'd like to order one up please give us a call or place the order online and we'll take good care of you.

Thanks to our good friend Mark G. (NOLAGT) for keeping us up to date with the fresh new products. Jared
Old 06-04-2008, 03:45 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New: Ram S197 HD Adjustable Hydraulic Slave Cylinder

I wanna jump on this since its way cheaper than the Mcleod unit, but I wanna see some reviews on it. Glad to see you guys with it first.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

I need one! Will call tomorrow. Fidanza is helping me out with a replacement clutch. Looks like the last one went south due to the dam Slave cylinder. Thanks Lethal for always getting the parts that are needed right when I need them.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Meangreen1200

I need one! Will call tomorrow. Fidanza is helping me out with a replacement. Looks like the last one went south due to the dam Slave cylinder. Thanks Lethal for always getting the parts that are needed right when I need them.
Surely Fidanza tested their clutch with the stock slave cylinder (that's all there was). If they didn't work well together, then shouldn't they have known that? So what exactly was the problem?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Mine is not the first to have this problem with the stock slave cylinder. Others on the boards have also had problems using different brands of clutches. The aftermarket stuff just happens to bring out any problems that might not have been noticable before.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:52 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Mine is not the first to have this problem with the stock slave cylinder. Others on the boards have also had problems using different brands of clutches. The aftermarket stuff just happens to bring out any problems that might not have been noticable before.
Some of the problems were not the slave cylinders fault, they were the fault of the clutch manufacturer, like centerforce, using an old pressure plate designed for the previous generation of mustangs.

I just wanted to know how fidanza could determine that your slave cylinder was the problem when you didn't send them your slave cylinder. Better to blame the slave cylinder and still offer to replace the clutch, than to blame themselves and have to replace the clutch. Did you send them your slave?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

They tested the plate and looked at the wear on the "fingers" which showed the cylinder was not letting the clutch fully engage. They also advised that they had been contacted by a custom shop who had the same thing happen and it was traced back to the slave cylinder. This would be my interpitation of what they told me, not the exact wording.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

They tested the plate and looked at the wear on the "fingers" which showed the cylinder was not letting the clutch fully engage. They also advised that they had been contacted by a custom shop who had the same thing happen and it was traced back to the slave cylinder. This would be my interpitation of what they told me, not the exact wording.
So your problem was just the opposite of sactowns, which is why your clutch burned up prematurely. Still sounds like BS from fidanza though. Did you have a fidanza flywheel? I can't keep all the clutch problems straight.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Yep flywheel and clutch were Fidanza.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Just to inform you guys asking about the Fidanza clutches they do use a totally different pressure plate for the 05+ mustang then the previous 99-04 models. However even though they have a different plate which was designed for the 05+ S197 there's still a lot of people that have issues do to the stock slave cyclinder not having enough travel to fully disengage the clutch. That's what this new Ram piece is for. The problem with the S197 hydraulic clutch is there's really no way to adjust it like the 99-04 cars have. So setting the proper pedal height and engagement can't be done with a firewall adjuster as the S197's don't use a cable. It's all hydraulics. The Ram piece is the S197's "Firewall Adjuster".

Jared

Quick Reply: New: Ram S197 HD Adjustable Hydraulic Slave Cylinder