Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NOS=EZ HP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default RE: NOS=EZ HP?

you guys are so mean to him.. don't you know he was asking about the brand NOS and not any other kit? [>:]

btw.. you could check into the xez kit from brenspeed.. for 100 shot I think it's cheaper than the kit you are looking at.. and I understand the install is pretty easy.

but again.. I don't recommend wasting the money if you want to S/C within a couple years. (also remember you have to waste money on bottle refills too)
Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 PM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

I have the Zex kit with all the accessories and love it. N20 is the way to go for a daily drive because you dont get all the issues associated with s/c and turbo.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mishri

you guys are so mean to him.. don't you know he was asking about the brand NOS and not any other kit? [>:]

btw.. you could check into the xez kit from brenspeed.. for 100 shot I think it's cheaper than the kit you are looking at.. and I understand the install is pretty easy.

but again.. I don't recommend wasting the money if you want to S/C within a couple years. (also remember you have to waste money on bottle refills too)
We know - we're just busting his chops...lol

You are correct also - if you are going to s/c down the road, just be patient and do it right.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:43 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Im about to get a zex kit. So for now on can you guys call me Roger Clemens?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol
'I need NOS..two of them'

...I really want FI RIGHT NOW,but the only thing close to getting that much of a boost in HP is nitrous.

where do I get the bottles refilled($$)? how long does the standard bottle last?

Old 06-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I believe most dragstrips can fill them for you.. check with your local one to see. other than that I've heard that some performance shops also can. can't answer your how long the bottles last question though.. I think I've heard something about 20 passes but that could be way off.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:42 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

if your in miami i can fill them for you for 25 bucks fora 10 pounder.and if you need the n2o kits i can get them too.i have an account with a company down here in miami but i dont do shipping.by the way i got a nos kit in my car and i really recommended.with just a bbk intake, xcal 2,MT ETstreets and the n2o kit i run a 8.2 to an 8.0 on a 1/8 with an automatic fully loaded.i used to do 9.5 stock and a 9.2 with just the intake and tunner.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08GT4U

if your in miami i can fill them for you for 25 bucks fora 10 pounder.and if you need the n2o kits i can get them too.i have an account with a company down here in miami but i dont do shipping.by the way i got a nos kit in my car and i really recommended.with just a bbk intake, xcal 2,MT ETstreets and the n2o kit i run a 8.2 to an 8.0 on a 1/8 with an automatic fully loaded.i used to do 9.5 stock and a 9.2 with just the intake and tunner.

noice!~

so what is that in the 1/4??

Old 06-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

that is like a 12.5-12.8 in the 1/4, before he got the n20 is 14.38-14.84.. boy.. I hope he isn't in an s197 or he is in need of a driver mod

edit: actually.. he said he is in an auto.. so if he is in an 08 GT he messed something up.. unless by fully loaded he filled it full of bricks
Old 06-08-2008, 09:39 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

yeah it is in an s197 and the track is not really a track.it used to be a touch and go strip for airplanes turned into a 1/8 mile i really dont think is prepared properly but is the only thing around here for now.no tires get traction there, i do that time wheel hopping or spinning in first even with the tires on.
by the way mishri theres not much i can do in an auto so the driver mod is kind of out the window.ive try everything and those are my best times.if you know of any tricks to get those times down then let me know.i have try o/d on and off and is always the same time.traction control always off of course.
about the fully loaded part if you go to fastfordmustangs and read about the tech article on the 12s or bust youll see what im talking about.my car is heavier than a stick according to that article and it shows on the track too.

Quick Reply: NOS=EZ HP?