Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So i got bored of my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 06:57 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: So i got bored of my mustang

ORIGINAL: sawyer

lol a 650 twin turbo 3.5 300 Z are you serious? At the fly wheel maybe. You can spend the same cash and smoke his ricer IMO.[X(]
650hp is probably just what he tells people, especially if he is a young guy. I could tell people the same thing and most wouldn't know any better.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Blue Meanie
2nd Gear Member

Spoiled little kids.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Realize that there will ALWAYS be a faster/quicker car than yours, somewhere. Might be in another state, might be next door or across the street. And next week, there will be somebody, somewhere, that's quicker still. Can you say "constant building/rebuilding/feeling pressure to run the "tweak of the week"? So unless you have REALLY DEEP pockets, it's best not to get into the game of having the biggest/meanest dog on the block to begin with. Decide on a level that you will be happy with and modify to that level. Then just drive it.

Decide also what the primary direction needs to be to suit you. With BMW's and 350Z's being mentioned, I'd guess that handling has some importance as well as the straight line capabilities.

If you just can't stay away from fastest/quickest/etc., take a page from the old-school hot rodders. Big motor, small car. Start with something that's at least half a ton lighter than an S197 including the powertrain. For any given straight line performance potential, the motor in the lighter car can be built somewhat milder (read: somewhat more reliable).

Norm
Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

lol a 650 twin turbo 3.5 300 Z are you serious? At the fly wheel maybe. You can spend the same cash and smoke his ricer IMO.[X(]
650hp is probably just what he tells people, especially if he is a young guy. I could tell people the same thing and most wouldn't know any better.
+1
Old 06-08-2008, 10:52 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

+2/.... I agree when I had my gt i bumped into a kid who stated he had a friend that had a 600hp dodge magnum....well bumped into that 600 hp magnum and tore its doors off...by the way talked with the kid who actually owned the car and he tried claiming it was such then changed his tune when I talked him off the BS ledge....I cant believe the OP is bored of his car....I miss my GT that I built...love my new car but still miss the gt.....my wife said it best, she said,,,"your 05 gt you were able to do so much to it...but your gt500 not so much" Of course I could mod the hell out of it but choose not to...its a shame the OP cant see the advantage he has over his friends 300 Z....come on OP, you own Damn fine *** looking car....why would you want to change to a ricer? JMO
Old 06-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

If you want 650hp fast, then you are going to have to go into any engine, except the 03-04 cobras or gt500. I'm sure that 300zx, if it truely has 650hp, has a built motor.

+1 ... great point! I would like to get mine to 600+ so internals are on the way for me .... its just a matter of install and tune. I would suggest you get an 04 Cobra and put a bigger blower on that. Talk to arodbrs - his Terminator is pushing over 600 w/ just a bigger blower, cluth, flywheel. Anything pushing that much power is going to require you to start replacing things ... not cheap man ... buy the Cobra or just SC/ TC your current stang
Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I am in no way, bored with my slow Mustang.
This thread, on the other end, bore the sh#t out of me.
I do agree with moose and the other guys though.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:31 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i like attention seeking threads....they have good chances of going nowhere and getting locked after a few pages

ie
https://mustangforums.com/m_3958157/tm.htm
Old 06-08-2008, 11:35 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

This thread is a learning tool. You have a ford. Ford makes fast cars, yes...but you didn't buy one. If you want a fast ford buy a saleen extreme, 03/04 cobra, or a GT500. That guy had to put a lot of coin in that nissan to make it fast, stock they are snails. If you want to make your mustang a street car then sale it, buy a more reasonable car until you can afford to build a street car correctly. Dont come here talking trash about how a car with 300lb/ft of torque is fast... Yea its got big hp #'s but the torque is what gets you going down the road. You don't buy a stang expecting it to be quick. You buy one because of the look. Ford underdevolops their motors and platform yet their aftermarket is phonomenial for thos that want faster cars
Old 06-08-2008, 12:20 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

What happens when you have 650hp and ride in a car that's that's got 900+hp? Being sarcastic, but still.....

Quick Reply: So i got bored of my mustang