Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nitrous Help for Customer

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Foosed

Default Nitrous Help for Customer

I'm from a company called RD FABS. We are doing a Zex Nitrous Install on an '06 Chip Foose Mustang. [/align][/align]I have done alot of research and figured I would come here for some real answers from real mustang enthusiasts.[/align][/align]He wants to run a 100 shot which I don't think will be a problem. He will have a bottle warmer, purge and nitrous pressure gauge.[/align][/align]Here are my questions:[/align]Will he need a wideband o2 for a 100 shot. He wants to run a a/f gauge, but not sure if it's needed?[/align]What plugs should we go with? I'm thinking the colder the better.[/align]Am I missing anything else?[/align]Any help is greatly appreciated.[/align][/align]Thanks[/align]Adam[/align]
Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous Help for Customer

A 100 shot shouldn't be a problem if it's tuned properly. I take it the Foose Mustang has an aftermarket tune? You may need to check into it.

He needs to run HT0 plugs. Make sure they are gapped preoperly.

An A/F gauge isn't mandatory but is helpful and often recommended.

Remote bottle opener??
Old 06-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Crazy Horse08
1st Gear Member

He's gonna need a tune. No doubt about it. everything else seems good.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Anything above a 75 and you need to start pulling a degree or two of timing. A 75 shot you can run on a totally stock car all day long without too much worry, provided your AFR's are correct. Just verify that the AFR's are ok on a dyno or during a track run.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

If you want to avoid retarding the timing for larger shots (i.e. on a driver that doesn't want to loose the power when the juice is off), MSD has a solution. Let me know if you are interested, I have the reference saved....somewhere
Old 06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Foosed

Thank for the help guys. I would love to kow what MSD has fullsayl.. let me know.[/align][/align]Thanks[/align]
Old 06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Retune, HT0 plugs gapped to .032-0.34 for that shot.

Even with some trick set-ups, you are going to want a retune to take advantage of the 100 shot to it's fullest. If he ever plans on going to the track, then he is going to want to actually pull some timing down low and have it gradually increase up in rpm. N20 hits hard and it gets difficult to grab off the line without some serious suspension. Even on the street, I would set up the tune to gradually take advantage of the juice to have the best set-up with it IMO.

It's not 'mandatory', but personally I would put in the CMCP deletes as well with any FI (especially N20). You don't want a butterfly sticking on that nice car...

Good luck.

BTW: A narrow band a/f gauge is useless. Nothing but a light show. If he wants an a/f gauge (which you should have with any FI) - then do it right and put a wide band in there.