Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hot Rod Cams Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hot Rod Cams Ordered

ORIGINAL: MyLocalDJ

Jmose- I just called Ford Racing to see when they expect the next shipment of cams because I also have them on backorder through LateModel Restoration. Ford Racing told me they are still 2 to 3 weeks out as of today. They indicated the cam grinder has one side complete and are working on the second side grind.
Yea that is what Late Model Restoration told me in a email that it would be 10-15 days maybe more. Did Late Model Restoration tell you where you were on the list or how many they are getting? I am also still looking to get the rotunda tools if anyone has any luck finding them used. Rotunda wants $137.00 for the valve spring compressor and $90.00 for the timing chain wedge. Now I am also looking to rent a good torque wrench the specs in the Ford manual calls for the camshaft bearing caps to be torqued to 10 Newton meters which translates to 7.37 lb-ft. My wrench will not go that low. Any suggestions where to rent?
Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

These cams excite me big time mainly for the sound but you can get some decent gains with some LT added........ add LT and your at about 350 ish and 75 shot of zex + 4.10sandur in good shape
Old 06-28-2008, 05:38 AM
MyLocalDJ
2nd Gear Member

Hey Jmose... When I spoke to LMR on Thursday, they could not give me any information and said they would call Ford Racing for an update. I held on and they came back and said they were closed and to call back yesterday. I opted to just call Ford Racing myself. They indicated the additional 2 to 3 weeks that I mentioned above. When I ordered mine Jun 17, FRPP indicated that there were 13 already on the waiting list at Ford Racing. At that time, FRPP did not know what kind of qty that would be received in the shipment. From past experience, it often depends on the individual machine shop as to the qty that they can load effectivelyon a shop traveler at one time. This could be due to limitation of stock, order qty, or simply priorities. Bottom line is that I am in the same situation as you. Nota lot of information to go on. I did get another email from FRPP Friday afternoon late that indicated they would check into further and get back with me if they could better estimate the shipment date. I get a sense (gut feel) that a lot of people are "interested" in these cams but a lot of interest does not mean that a lot of people have stepped up and ordered. The immediate problem people are going to face is finding the custom tune if they are not familiar with the forum or with Bama. I am sure other custom tune houses are fine, but because of the low cam volume in the market today, they will not have had experience and be able to deliver quite as fast. Anyway, my 2 cents worth.... I will keep you posted as I find out more info.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 AM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

Hey MyLocalDJ thanks for the info, sounds like I have plenty of time to find those tools. If I hear anything I will post it. Hopefully Late Model will get plenty in (I Hope).
Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 AM
MyLocalDJ
2nd Gear Member

Update:::::

Just received this from Ford Racing.

"They should be in our warehouse by the end of this week. The initial order will fill all the backorders currently"

Looks like we should be getting our cams within about2 weeks giving time for FRPP to ship them to their customers and then the resellers shipping to us. Okay, I am foaming at the mouth waiting for these! [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
jimei
I ♥ Acer

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan gucci prada shoes lacoste puma trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.guccisneaker.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com)
Old 07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jimei

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan gucci prada shoes lacoste puma trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.guccisneaker.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com)

WTF?????
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whatdaproblemis0

ORIGINAL: jimei

Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.guccisneaker.com) amous nike shoes factory &amp; Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com)

WTF?????

Didn't you hear? Those will add 100 rwhp easily guaranteed.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 AM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MyLocalDJ

Update:::::

Just received this from Ford Racing.

"They should be in our warehouse by the end of this week. The initial order will fill all the backorders currently"

Looks like we should be getting our cams within about2 weeks giving time for FRPP to ship them to their customers and then the resellers shipping to us. Okay, I am foaming at the mouth waiting for these! [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

[sm=wootwoot.gif]Sweet. Thanks for the update I have found all the tools I need and I am ready and waiting.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:07 PM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

Spoke with Tommy @ JPC Racing and placed an order for the Hot Rod Cams. He told me I might get them by the first of next week. Late Model Restoration had no info on the cams arrival so
I canceled my order. I bought them from JPC Racing.

Quick Reply: Hot Rod Cams Ordered