Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen SC plus upgrade installed w/ Dyno vid.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen SC plus upgrade installed w/ Dyno vid.

I finally had my Saleen SCer installed. I get to pick it up tomorrow. I had debated selling the kit and going another route but ultimately I stayed with the Saleen. I have $5200 in the SCer and the upgrades, so it was hard not to keep it. Thanks for all the info, pros/cons from you guys! Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach here I come. Heres what I had installed:

Saleen SC, GT500 fuel pump, 60lb injectors, Saleen Ultimate air kit, gapped HTOs, 3.2 pulley, v10 water pump pulley, Gates belt, line kit, XCal with JDM tune, Hurst shifter, and Saleen gauges.

Install was done at Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, N.C. They build some awesome cars there. Check out their 8 sec turbo stang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnZ0DDq4ywk

My dyno vid. 466rwhp/451 torqueon JDMs canned tune:

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ent=001-38.flv

Old 06-30-2008, 07:46 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen SC plus upgrade installed w/ Dyno vid.

you had the sho, now you have the go.

congrats on joining the saleen crew....

two thumbs up

Old 06-30-2008, 08:28 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

The video link doesn't work. This site FUBAR the link with "..." dots. Must have been "too long."
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM
crazystylin
2nd Gear Member

Congrats Wanderlai, I know you were seriously debating whether to sell the Saleen for a whipple HO. At 460rhp you are at the brink and I know you are feeling good about your decision. Plus, how can you pass on a $3.2K new saleen s/c VI!

Have you driven the car yet? I want all first hand knowledge from you after you drive it. Looks great! I want picks of the engine bay too as I am putting in a Saleen s/c myself when it freakin arrives (have been waiting for it to ship for 1 month).

Plus, add the price of your install to your total, that way us DIY'rs can hang that over your head!

I am officially jealous. Congrats, you know you are pumped!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:44 AM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

I get to go pick it up today. Yeah, I spun my wheels for several weeks on what to do and which way to go concerning FI on my car. My goal, in the beginning, was 450rwhp. I found the Saleen SC for $3200, brand new, so I bought it knowing that was a hell of a deal but I hadnt had the chance to do any research on Saleen vs KB vs Whipple yet. I knew the base kit wouldnt be enough for me so then it was trying to decide which "upgrades" to go with. I looked at Brenspeeds Stage packages and JDMs Stage packages to go with my SCer. I loved the new Saleen Ultimate air intake that only JDM is selling so I worked out a package deal with them, plus they had a new tune that worked with the air kit, GT500 fp, and 60lb injectors. I ordered everything from JDM except the GT500 fuel pump and 60lb injectors and those I got from Hilbish Ford. If anyone is looking for Ford Racing products call them, you can save alot of $$$. Hilbish also has the best price on the Whipple HO kit bar none. Jonathan quoted me a price that beat everyones quotes, including Tousley Ford. It cost me about $2000 for the "extras" so I have $5200 in everything not including install. I will report back as soon as I get back with my "new" car!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:46 PM
crazystylin
2nd Gear Member

Install price?

Also, 460 rhp is, in my opinion, the perfect power to have.

And your kit is slighty different than most out there - with the 60#'rs, intake, and GT500 pump.

Great set up. Tell us how that first drive is and GET ON IT!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

Sweet mother of God. I just got in from picking my car up and I'm very impressed. The throttle response is amazing! The "whine" is very audible and when I step on it the car sounds and takes off like a rocket. I havent had the chance to really get on it and play with the new found power but I will soon enough. The guys at Fastlane said I could get alot more HP out of my current setup if I wanted to get a dyno tune from them. They said JDM's tune was very rich and conservative compared to some of the tunes they do. I'm more than fine with what I have now but when I get some more parts for them to install I'll get me a custom tune. If anyone is in the range of Fastlane in Benson, N.C., I highly recommend them. I saw a new orange Dodge Challenger when I got off the exit on my way to pick up my car. Man oh man, how I wished I'd have met "it" on the way home!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Congrats! Welcome to the big boy's club!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
crazystylin
2nd Gear Member

Install price?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sactown

Congrats! Welcome to the big boy's club!
+1

Quick Reply: Saleen SC plus upgrade installed w/ Dyno vid.