Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MF'er I got a code already: P0191

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

Default MF'er I got a code already: P0191

Well I just got my car back today from having upgrades done. Heres what I had installed:

Saleen SC, GT500 fuel pump, 60lb injectors, Saleen Ultimate air kit, gapped HTOs, 3.2 pulley, v10 water pump pulley, Gates belt, line kit, XCal with JDM tune

The car ran awesome on my way home. Throttle response was unbelievable. I get home and about 2 hrs later I go to take my dad for a ride and the car sounds different when it starts. The car sounds "boggy and muffled". I pull out of the driveway and the car has horrible throttle response and I notice a yellow light is now on, so I turn around and park the car. I hook up my XCal and I get this code: P0191 S CIR RNG PER
I'll be calling JDM and the install shop tomorrow. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:58 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MF'er I got a code already: P0191

That sounds bad.. 0191 is Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

From http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troub...l/bl_obd_1.htm

Google is your friend.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

http://tinyurl.com/4jawje

Thats what I found on look up thru google..... hope it helps....could be one of many things

vapor lock....low fuel pressure....high fuel pressure....low fuel......vacuum leak.....or bad fuel rail regulator sensor....

If the car is low on gas.....fill it up.....and check all vacuum hoses. If no improvement go back to where it was installed....sounds like something popped off or a sensor went bad or is loose.....since the install was just done and it ran fine but now it is not something may have come loose! Hope it helps
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

Well I cleared the code and took the car up the road. The throttle response is back and the code didnt come back on. Should I take it back to have them inspct it or wait to see if the code comes back again?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
thrift
1st Gear Member

if it's a problem....i would imagine that it would throw the code twice...but that's just what i would think; don't take my word for it; i've never owned a FI vehicle;
Old 07-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I think I would call the shop and atleast let them know what happened. I'd let them know that so far its working and then you can either 1) ask them to look for a problem that doesn't currently exist or 2) wait till it happens again. or 3) they may have an idea what caused the problem because they've seen it before.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

I spoke with the guys at Fastlane and Jim III at JDM. I have checked all the connections and fuses that would apply to the fuel system and they all look good. I just got back from taking the car up the road for the 2nd time after I cleared the code and it still hasnt came back. I will be dropping the car back off at Fastlane on my way to the beach in a week or so so they can recheck the car and re dyno it to see if anythings off. I was told, by Jim III at JDM, if the psi goes 6 points above or below the set point it will throw "that" code.Whywas itidleing so bad yesterday afternoon and had horrible throttle response and today it seems much better?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Maybe something as simple as vapor lock after the new pumps were installed? It threw the code and has since corrected itself.....hopefully it was something simple and since you looked at the fuses and the wiring and they appear fine and all hoses are connected the problem may have been just that simple....let us know what happens....later
Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Wanderlai
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Maybe something as simple as vapor lock after the new pumps were installed? It threw the code and has since corrected itself.....hopefully it was something simple and since you looked at the fuses and the wiring and they appear fine and all hoses are connected the problem may have been just that simple....let us know what happens....later
Can you explain what vapor lock is for me?

Ive taken the car up the road 3 different times today and the code hasnt come back. Im dropping the car off at Fastlane on my way to the beach in a couple of weeks. They said they would be more than happy to look at the car for any problems. I may go ahead and get a custom tune while its there.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

custom tune FTW!!

Quick Reply: MF'er I got a code already: P0191