Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is there a favorite supercharger out there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:26 PM
oscarthebrat

Default Is there a favorite supercharger out there?

My next power upgrade for my '07 GT is a supercharger. I am leaming towerd the Saleen with the 500hp upgrade kit. Has anyone had any bad experiences with that blower? What do you all think about other brands? Any suggestions would help! Thanks!
Old 07-04-2008, 02:40 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is there a favorite supercharger out there?

There are so many threads and so many different opinions on this topic. It really comes down to personal preferance and deciding what you want in a supercharger setup. Personally I think the paxton setup from brenspeed is the best value and can make some really good power. that's why I have one on the way but alot of people will tell you that twin screw is the way to go. Down here in texas though I do alot of runs on the highway so I decided that I would go with the paxton for my top end pull.

Ryan
Old 07-04-2008, 02:44 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Old 07-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

What kind of power are you looking for, you want that instant thrown into the back of your seat feel? Go with a twinscrew, Whipple and Kenne Bell make good ones, more into wringing your engine out for all its worth, try a centri. Vortech and paxton make some good kits. Going for the most power and torque you can get for your money check out turbos. Its all in the preference of what kind of power you want and how much $$$ you're willing to spend.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:25 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ckeck out the KB wooley mammoth

Old 07-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

i think that the forum favorite is the whipple. If you are going to go with forged internals you are probably going to want a turbo or the biggest whipple/kb. and like they were saying if you want off the line performance for 0-100+ speed look into a twinscrew. I still can't decide what i'll do for future upgradesalot of choices and a wrong choice can wind up wasting 1,000s. You wont go wrong with a saleen, kb, or whipple. Go to someone that people highly recommend or buy a kit from brenspeed and have someone you trust to do it right install it or do it yourself. Paxton has some good higher rpm hp/tq so do it if you do mostly highway roll races.. Saleen is still what i'm leaning towards getting.. but it will be a few years yet before i want to do something expensive and warranty voiding like that (since I wont want to just remove it and bring it in for an issue). Good luck with whatever you choose im sure you wont be disapointed as long as you have the right tires and suspension.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:24 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Here we go with the which is better thread. Pretty much every supercharger out there will be realiable and give you great power. As long as you have a good tune and good supporting modsi.e... fuel pump, injectors etc... it comes down to which brand strikes u best. I love my paxton and really wouldn't want any other kitbutI am sure I would loveany other supercharger if it were on my car..

edit- If I didn't get hooked up with my paxton I would have gotten a turbo...
Old 07-04-2008, 08:36 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

roush is the best, but
turbos are more efficient
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

roush is the best, but
turbos are more efficient
LOL@ hammeron

Turbonator FTW!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:51 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I really like the whipple H.O. TC/SC but it's too expensive,for me nothing beats the all out HP of the paxton 2200 H.O.

Quick Reply: Is there a favorite supercharger out there?