Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new bama tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
slricha4

Default new bama tune

just got my jlt and tune from bama. all i can say is wow. the car pulls so much better down low and the throttle response is great. i reccomend getting this is you havent already.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:35 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new bama tune

I've been thinking of trying out a bama tune and compare it to my brenspeed tunes (which I like a lot).

I'll probably end up with bama anyway since he will make FRPP hot rod email tunes where brenspeed will not. If only brenspeed would start testing and selling the hot rods...
Old 07-16-2008, 05:57 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I have been thinking about getting the Steeda CAI and their Adaptive performance Calibration but I have seen conflicting reports about whether or not it will work with an '05 GT. Saw one ad advertising it for only '07 thru '09 and another for '05 thru '09.

Does anyone have this set-up? does it work well? If not, which is the best set-up for an '05 GT with manual tranny??
Old 07-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yes Doug at Bama rocks, and his customer service is second to none. SirKnight, I would recommend trying a Bama Race tune on that auto of yours. I have Brenspeed tunes and Bama tunes that I've tried. For the automatic, the Brenspeed tune was good, but the Bama tune is superior in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:34 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Bama for auto, Bren for manual
Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

never tried brenspeed but i'm all about my Bama Chips tune. is third gear not wicked as h*ll??

[sm=happy046.gif]
Old 07-17-2008, 03:42 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

ok i just bought a C&amp;L street intake and diablosport tuner on ebay with a bama 93 race tune on it but the guy said it probably won't work for my car because of some code.. is there anyway i can get one that will work for my car for cheap to no cost?

what do you think i should do? should i go for the brens or bama?? what are the price differences and which do people prefer
Old 07-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMichael

ok i just bought a C&amp;L street intake and diablosport tuner on ebay with a bama 93 race tune on it but the guy said it probably won't work for my car because of some code.. is there anyway i can get one that will work for my car for cheap to no cost?

what do you think i should do? should i go for the brens or bama?? what are the price differences and which do people prefer
He is talking about thecalibration code, and yes yours is probably not the same so it won't work. You can buy a single tune file from BamaChips for $50 on their website. Brenspeed charges $75 I think. Bama updates your tune for free if you change or get more mods later, where Brenspeed charges for that to the best of my knowledge.If you go with Bama, get the race tune. Both tuners are good quality, so you'll probably be satisfied with either.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 AM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

i'm guessing i can't call up bama and say, hey i have a tuner with a 93 race tune from you, can you just change the code to mine?.. what if i can find it out myself? i am goin to school for computer engineering...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Give Doug a call. I'm sure he will work with you. I talked with him yesterday and even though I had originally requested the 87 per, 91 per and torque tunes. He switched the 91 performance to the 91 race without any problems. and from what I have read I think I will give him another call and as if he will change the 91 torque to the 93 race.

cheers

Quick Reply: new bama tune