Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

End of Supercharger Saga - Dynotune from VMP

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: End of Supercharger Saga - Dynotune from VMP

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

AmericanSpeed - Congrats , I knew Justin would take care of you. Wow [sm=bounceybounce.gif]Those numbers are great. Some of the highest I have seen.

Now I am really looking forward to getting my tune.

Glad you were happy with Jay, I am going to see him to have a bunch of stuff installed in January. I cant wait.

As far as the clutch goes. From everything I have heard 99% of people have issues with the Spec + series of clutchs. I dont think I have ever heard of issue's with the non "+" models.

I still plan to get the Spec Stage 2 with RPS Flywheel. Should be good for 599 ft lbs of tq. That should cover me with the stock SB.

If you are ever by UCF shoot me a PM, I would love to check out your car, plus a ride to show me the difference of 420rwhp to 500rwhp feels like

Yeah, Justin was very impressed with the numbers my car put down. Can't wait for the weather to cool down! You need to get on that prototype intercooler reservoirquick!! I will let you know when I'm over on the east side of town next, but I have to get this clutch issue resolved first so I don't make an @ss out of myself when I can't even get my car in first from a stop
Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanSpeed
You need to get on that prototype intercooler reservoirquick!!
Yeah, work is nuts so I have kind of back burnered this. It got a little more complicated too once I was talking to people about it. Filter tubes check valves etc. I thought I just needed to make a aluminum box. I havent given up though.

I will still give it a try.

My other thought is the new intercooler resevoir that goes in the spare tire well. 8 gallons is overkill for sure, but it is hot here, and the added balast wouldnt hurt.

I might talk with Jay about it if my idea falls through. Finding space under the hood is hard.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mishri

wow, Amazing numbers! some engines are able to take that power.. hope yours is one of them. I didn't realize we had another person that made a sub 13 sec run on intake/tune only..
Yup, I was running pretty consistent high 12s, 13.0s & 13.1s with just a K&N CAI and VMP's 93 octane tune. When I was getting 108+ traps with Justin's tune and the CAI, I knew he'd be able to get some ridiculous power out of the whipple HO, and he has definently delivered. As far as the motor goes, the tune is set up right and is safe, it's all up to tolerances set in during the rod manufacturing (hopefully I'm on the plus side ). If the motor goes, so be it. I get to get forged and then I can really let Justin play with dyno!!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah I am on the west side of town a bunch too if that is easier, but I live and work on the east side near alafaya / waterford lakes.

C ya and congrats on the car.

As far as clutches go you cant go wrong with the Mcloed Twin.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:11 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

FYI check out the RST clutch thread, found out they are taking orders all day. Get on the band wagon, I am
Old 08-07-2008, 01:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So the rattle wasn't there before the supercharger install, but was there immediately after? Strange noises drive me crazy and I wouldn't rest until I figured it out.

No chance the noise is coming from the supercharger? I figure Justin would have known right away if it was. I know you had your transmission fixed once, did they upgrade it with better parts?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I also had a rattle after installing the supercharger. Justin did what he could, and when I did bring it to the dyno.....we decided as well that it was not knock.
Great numbers for sure.....crazy to be honest.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

So the rattle wasn't there before the supercharger install, but was there immediately after? Strange noises drive me crazy and I wouldn't rest until I figured it out.

No chance the noise is coming from the supercharger? I figure Justin would have known right away if it was. I know you had your transmission fixed once, did they upgrade it with better parts?
The combination of living in an area with terrible brick roads that cause so many vibrations in my suspension and dash and not having my car for a month trying to figure out what the rattle was, makes it a lot easier for me to "forget" about the noise. It is very subtle as well, you really have to be listening for it.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

I also had a rattle after installing the supercharger. Justin did what he could, and when I did bring it to the dyno.....we decided as well that it was not knock.
Great numbers for sure.....crazy to be honest.
That makes me feel way better, no one wants to row the boat by themselves. The numbers were a hell of a lot higher than what I was expecting.

Your car looks sick by the way.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:51 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Congrats!

That is a very impressive tune from Justin those are the best numbers (tune) I seen yet from on a Whipple at 10.2 from a tuner I trust w/numbers.

That car should go very low 11’s.

Quick Reply: End of Supercharger Saga - Dynotune from VMP