Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:05 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default What am I missing?

Well I am starting to order parts for my next blitz of performance parts. I plan to have these be it performance wise until I forge. This will all be added to the items that are already in my sig.

Here is what I have planned as of today:

Mcloed Twin Disc Clutch (ordered)
Mcloed steel flywheel (ordered)
Dynotech Alum driveshaft
BMR driveshaft safety loop
Frankentensioner or Thumprr tensioner
Innovative Wideband gauge
Roush Gauge Pod
MSD 2 step limiter
Shelby 18x9 bullitts
Shelby 18x10 bullitts
255/45/18's
305/45/18 Nitto DR's
VMP Dyno Tune
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar (PHR006)

Now what am I missing? I have about another $600 to spend if I want to. Not looking for anything in regards to suspension or exhaust, I am happy with what I have.

The car is a DD and will rarely see the track maybe 3 times a year.

I am not against saving the couple hundred but I am looking at this as being the end all in regards to performance for the time being.

I am also open to suggestions if you think I should buy a different brand for anything I have listed above.

Last edited by MustangGT0405; 08-13-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Updated to include adjustable panhard bar, deleted COPS
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

oops - double post.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

I would add a panhard bar and the CHE K member brace with engine torque limiters and I would DEFINITELY put gears on that list.

I would also DELETE the COP's. The stockers work fine, and just about everyone with aftermarket COP's (of all brands) have one or two fail eventually.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:29 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by modaddict
I would add a panhard bar and the CHE K member brace with engine torque limiters and I would DEFINITELY put gears on that list.

I would also DELETE the COP's. The stockers work fine, and just about everyone with aftermarket COP's (of all brands) have one or two fail eventually.
Sorry if it sounds stupid but what could I expect out of the panhard and CHE K member brace? I dont powershift and havent had any problem making the 2-3 shift since the MGW. Just curious what the performance advantage is.

That was my feeling for the longest time but some people have gotten them and said they noticed a difference and the car runs better. Thats why I was going to get the summits so if something went wrong or I didnt like them I wasnt out a ton.

Maybe I will hold off on those till after my dyno tune and ask Justin if he thinks I am getting any blowout or anything.

Also CK what do you think the car would run in the 1/4 with all the stuff and a good driver not killing the car.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

If you are not a hard shifter, then no - you don't need the CHE set-up. You'd know if you needed it cause you'd be missing shifts. Okay, scratch that.

You still want the panhard bar and it may not give you performance, but it will help your rear end and what good is power if you can't do anything with it?

It's all in their head about COP's giving performance. Not worth the hassle IMO and not needed at all. I think gears will be the best bang for the buck for you.

As far as what you'll run - there are just to many variables to guess but it will be fun anyway no matter what it is!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

+1 on the cops. Take a pass on those.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Alright I will look into the panhard bar.

Gears were on the shortlist for a while, but I drive alot of highway and like to run between 80-90mph.

Since I already have the 3.55's, 3.73's would seem pointless, and I think 4.10's are too much for me on the highway. I would do 3.90's in a heartbeat if FRPP made them but I wont touch motives with a 10 foot pole.

I also worried the 4.10's would be too hard to hook up on the street as I probably wont run DR's forever just to get the full potential to "feel" my hard earned cash at work.

I plan to keep an open mind though, I plan on meeting Moosestang at some point and getting a ride in his car with the 4.10's to see if they are worth the compromise.

Anybody else with input?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i agree on the gears. even the 3.73's are a good step from the 3.55's. thats what i have. also, the driveshaft is a good mod. i know you said you are not wanting any more suspension stuff but you need the all the suspension stuff to transfer power to the ground. also, some longtube headers would really compliment that whipple if you so choose to modify the exhaust more

+1 to forgetting the COP's too. every tuner/installer i have talked to said they are a waste of money
Old 08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I just cant see that a change from 3.55's to 3.73's would be worth $500.

Any other thoughts
Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
I just cant see that a change from 3.55's to 3.73's would be worth $500.

Any other thoughts
I have 4.10's in my car and its fine, you shift more around town, but on the freeway in 5th at 80mph there is only about a 200-300 difference in rpm. As for tire spin, they are going to spin regardless.

Quick Reply: What am I missing?