Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple 05+ HO Kit Price Increase. SAVE BEFORE THEY GO UP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I hate to burst the bubble of some but I am sure alot of other companies will have to follow suit, KB, saleen, Procharger, BMR, Steeda etc.

The price of shipping, metals, labor etc is all going up and like was said in order for them to stay in business they have to raise their prices.

Personally I would have done it in smaller increments than $1k to lessen the shock, but I am sure it is justified. Who pays MSRP anyway?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:46 PM
08StangGT_CS
2nd Gear Member

I was sad when Lethal Performance told me that they did not have the kit for my 08 GT auto. I had to call on "Plan B"
Old 08-14-2008, 08:01 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

first $500 increment for whipple offering a warranty on their basic kits, now $1,000 more?

just move to china and make it cheap !
Old 08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MexGT
first $500 increment for whipple offering a warranty on their basic kits, now $1,000 more?

just move to china and make it cheap !

Just so you know it wasn't whipple who raised the price on their non-intercooled kits. It was Ford. How else could they cover the cost of the warranty they wanted to offer with the kit as the cars come to Ford for the warranty not Whipple.

When that price increase was implemented it only effected non-i/c kits as well and the pricing stayed the same on the HO kit since it's release in 2006.

Jared
Old 08-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

So much for a Whipple. Another grand just killed it for me. If it's "the economy" or "materials cost" then pricing on all superchargers regardless of cost or application should be jumping up by a similar amount. You would expect anyway.

Last edited by Riptide; 08-16-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

That's numbers one could buy a half a car for... Or get just about everything else right on their stang (suspension, brakes, short shifter, cams and a nice rear end like a 4.10). Won't win a drag race, but will outturn, handle and brake the SC only guy...

I am glad I vowed to keep mine stock, because that's crazy numbers right there.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:16 PM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

That sucks that the price is going up - I'm glad I bought mine when I did. Doubly sucks that some folks might be priced out of a good quality piece of equipment, but such is life I guess.

David
Old 08-17-2008, 03:08 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

cost of materials? really naw more like they still need to turn a 300% or so profit from each blower. Im not all that on par with prices for the materials it takes to make a blower but im sure its no where near the 7 grand mark......cams and n20 for me untill my cars paid for then maybe a blower but that is alot of money just to go fast every now and then.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:55 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I just thought of this formula, provided you have a nice dealer / good haggling skill:

Loaded GT + Supercharger & Needed supported mods = GT500...
In other words, screw you whipple, if it where my money I'd get a GT500 and have 500 bhp stock

Sadly you can't build up to a GT500... You have to shell out all that money in one go. And like most people about no one can do that...
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
cost of materials? really naw more like they still need to turn a 300% or so profit from each blower. Im not all that on par with prices for the materials it takes to make a blower but im sure its no where near the 7 grand mark......cams and n20 for me untill my cars paid for then maybe a blower but that is alot of money just to go fast every now and then.
No blower company that exists makes those types of margins. Most of the industry doesn't have margins like that. In our industry 20-30% is the average margin and as the price of the item goes up the margins go down. Companies like Proharger, Vortech, Paxton, Whipple and Saleen see a lot less than that and I believe I have some idea what I'm talking about as I know several owners and employees of the companies I just mentioned.

Jared

Quick Reply: Whipple 05+ HO Kit Price Increase. SAVE BEFORE THEY GO UP!!