Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

480-490whp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default 480-490whp?

getting closer and closer to getting the paxton and I am starting to get cold feet for some reason.Not that I doubt my driving abilities but I have never owed a car with more then 260 whp (stage 2 dodge srt-4) and to me that car seemed pretty quick.

It's really hard for me at this point exactly how fast a nearly 500whp car will not only perfrom but as well as how and if I would even be able to handle it.

I have also had a 93 twin turbo mazda rx-7 twin turbo (stock/auto) but even that can't compare imo to a supercharged GT and the plans I might have for it.

My other option is to stay NA and do only basic bolt ons..gears (4.10s)full exhaust,delete plates, udp etc. and still it's nowhere near the power of FI lol.

200 extra whp seems unimaginable...

Last edited by stealth_GT; 08-14-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

All i can say is i love my paxton and im glad i made the buy. Getting cold feet......... ya i had that right before i got mine but its well worth it. The extra power does come at a cost if you want to run street tires. Having a 450+ rwhp stang is great just make sure you get your susp. mods to help the new found power.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

+1 on the suspension mods. I'm at 483 rwhp and its hard to keep the tires from spinning all the way through 3rd. As soon as I get my car back in the mainland thats what I'm doing.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

haha i used to be the same way before i got my s/c. I couldnt imagine having that much power... Now i want more power =(
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
haha i used to be the same way before i got my s/c. I couldnt imagine having that much power... Now i want more power =(

We all want more but how much do you really want? At my power level (492rwhp) the stang is a blast to drive. For now i think i myself will stay at this level and see where it takes me
Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

You could go with a more conservative supercharged setup...
Old 08-15-2008, 09:31 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

You will not regret it. It is AWESOME!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

I feel the same way, but more worried about buying a SCer, a considerable investment, then blowing my engine up. Other people seem to shrug it off, 'now I can upgrade' they exclaim with glee. If that happened to me, the car would probably be going into storage till next summer. I'm not about to take a loan out to rebuild an engine, I don't spend money I don't have.

This is why I'm considering the non-intercooled whipple system at 6 psi. I figure that would be a very safe setup.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vapour Trails
I feel the same way, but more worried about buying a SCer, a considerable investment, then blowing my engine up. Other people seem to shrug it off, 'now I can upgrade' they exclaim with glee. If that happened to me, the car would probably be going into storage till next summer. I'm not about to take a loan out to rebuild an engine, I don't spend money I don't have.

This is why I'm considering the non-intercooled whipple system at 6 psi. I figure that would be a very safe setup.

I suggest not getting the non intercooled kit as it will feel good first couple minutes then you will feel a significant power loss. You should just wait and get the intercooled kit and run 8-10 psi.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

+1, I really didn't like my NI vortech. Felt good until it got warmed up.

Quick Reply: 480-490whp?