Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

suspiciuos ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:07 PM
tonyharp

Default suspiciuos ?

Last week I met a guy with a 10lb pro-charger on his 06 GT. He is hittin 460 hp but wants to get in the 600's. So he sellin out what he has and is gettin an MMR engine. He offered me the pro-charger for $3000 and swears its only been on a few months. This seems like one heck of a deal but I am concerned that it may be too good to be true. Does anyone know of or have any ideas as to what I should look for in this.? Should I be concerned or suspicious?
Old 08-16-2008, 05:55 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tonyharp
Last week I met a guy with a 10lb pro-charger on his 06 GT. He is hittin 460 hp but wants to get in the 600's. So he sellin out what he has and is gettin an MMR engine. He offered me the pro-charger for $3000 and swears its only been on a few months. This seems like one heck of a deal but I am concerned that it may be too good to be true. Does anyone know of or have any ideas as to what I should look for in this.? Should I be concerned or suspicious?
I don't know much about the pro-charger but if it's on his car and you can hear it run and you don't hear or see any problems with the pro-charger it would be a good deal for you. I don't know your skill level but if it was me I'd try to get him to help me install it on my car. That is if he installed it himself. At least I would like to watch him take it off his car to get an idea of what is involved in the install. Even if you gave him $500 to install it on your car it might be worth it. It would be worth it to me as I have limited mechanical skills.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

definately watch him take it but if you cant do the install take it to a local shop. sounds like a pretty good deal. i would go for it.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:01 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I don't get it, so he's selling the procharger, getting
a new short block and a new supercharger or what?

Is he upgrading to the D-1SC?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Blazineagle
1st Gear Member

Which procharger kit is it? What all is he selling you for $3000? Tuner? Brackets? Pipes?