Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm tired of you all with superchargers!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the new blower......I want one too~!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:33 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the KB, you will be very happy.

Supporting mods to go with the SC install I would just get some gauges, my personal preference is Boost, Aeroforce, and Wideband.

As far as the nitrous I would keep it. My longterm plan is to have a built block running 14psi on 93 octane and a 75-150 shot at the track. Should be a killer combo.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM
08StangGT_CS
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. Six month ago when I bought the car I was like many others in here that was afraid to do anything that would endanger my warranty. ( Took me over two months just to get the FRPP Stingers. It all went downhill from there! Next I got the CAI/Tuner package. After that came the gears/install. Then came the TC. I now have about 3000 miles on it ( have a work truck that I'm in most of the time). I was starting to buy everything necessary to start spraying. I already had the Zex wet kit, pressure gauge, purge kit, and bought a PMP line lock kit. At that point I realized I had already spent half of what a supercharger would have cost me! So I decided to do it. As far as the nitrous kit, I have in brand new in box and am still undecided about what to do with it. I might keep it just like MustangGT0405 said so that in the future, if ( more like when) I build my bottom end, I can be boosted and giving it a small shot! As far as supporting mods, I do plan on ordering the SOS A-pillar three pod with a fuel pressure, vacuum/boost, and still undecided on the third one. Still looking for good prices around the net. I also need to buy a set of extra rims and street radials, plus some more supporting mods. Well, I'm off to look for a part time job, cause my 120 hours biweekly check isn't cutting it!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Flaks05GT

Empty wallets are an understatement for me. I now have $80k invested in my 05 GT.
I hit the $80k mark a few weeks ago when I decided to retune while I was at the track on a hot day and the first run after, I blew my stock s/c engine. I have now put in a new 298 Stroker with Cams from Livernois running 19 lbs boost. Just got the initial tune for break-in (tuned down 100hp) Still making 680 rwhp.
I recorded a short vid on my cell phone and transferred it to my PC. Not good quality vid, but you'd get the picture. This vid was taken just before WOT when it blew off the main pipe going in to the throttle body..lol
http://www.1320x.com/video/video/sho...AVideo%3A22350
Check out 1320x.com while you are there. Some great Mustang racing videos!!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:24 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

waiting a month to install it?.....ha, good luck.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:17 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

sell the nitrous now to pay for the supporting mods. I will be a long time before you build the block
Old 08-25-2008, 08:45 AM
08StangGT_CS
2nd Gear Member

I am seriously considering getting rid of the nitrous kit and start paying for the other stuff. Another thing I considered is using it to spray my intercooler. Well anways, I have decided to do a couple of things to accelerate my money saving processes.
1). I will now do my own haircuts. I will have to modify my hairstyle a little to say...bald.
2). I will start skipping dinner. Besides, breakfast is the most important meal of the day (weight saving mod too)
3). Do I really need to shower twice a day? I decided to cut that to once every other day.
4). Stop shaving. I've always wanted a full length beard anyways.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:42 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08StangGT_CS
I am seriously considering getting rid of the nitrous kit and start paying for the other stuff. Another thing I considered is using it to spray my intercooler. Well anways, I have decided to do a couple of things to accelerate my money saving processes.
1). I will now do my own haircuts. I will have to modify my hairstyle a little to say...bald.
2). I will start skipping dinner. Besides, breakfast is the most important meal of the day (weight saving mod too)
3). Do I really need to shower twice a day? I decided to cut that to once every other day.

wiping your *** is overrated...save toilet paper
Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

congrats....you will love it...as someone else said...next you will be tired reading about those with built blocks getting over 500 rwhp..so you will build your block...then you will be tired of reading about the guys with gt500's or the 5.4 block getting over 650rwhp...so you will have to do that....the only thing you can do to stop the madness..is stop reading..and just look at pictures.....no..shoot that wont help either....oh well we are all screwed...this mod thing never ends
Old 08-25-2008, 01:29 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this is hillarious! very funny stuff

and 06saleen3v has a good point too

Originally Posted by 08StangGT_CS

Quick Reply: I'm tired of you all with superchargers!!