Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

looking for a new short block

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

The colder the air, you will see more boost. In texas my 10lb tune that i made at 97 degrees, sees over 12lbs of boost when its cold.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Eric,

I've spoken to Dan about a built short block and he was complimentary of Livernois. They have a great rep and I think they are a great choice!

the cold will def make more boost and that's what may have killed you.....

as far as the boost a pump and running lean.. only can tell when you rip apart the motor and see if there's detonation.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by erichikov
2006 Mustang GT (Black/Red) Manual (32000 miles) with over 9k in modifications. These modifications include Brenspeed's Saleen Stage 3 Supercharger Kit, Mac Mufflers, Ventilated Rotors and High Performance Brake Pads, and M/T radials (Also have stock rims and tires). Everything was professionally installed at Realspeed Automotive, NY. In 90 degree heat the car made 443rwhp and 424rwtq on their mustang dyno. Car has extended warranty from ford until 70k miles (drivetrain will not be covered due to the supercharger kit). If you have any questions please ask. Thank you.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/newr...eply&p=5238410

I saw this post earlier I was looking at the 443rwhp on a Mustang dyno per Realspeed who did your install with those kind of numbers I was thinking maybe they tweaked the tune or did some tunning?

Because on a Mustang dyno most cases (not all) I would think you would see around 400rwhp from a stage 3 as a MD usually reads 8-10% lower than a dyno jet so thinking maybe they tuned on it.

If you add 8-10% to 443rwhp it made on thier Mustang dyno that would put you around 480rwhp on a BAP which might be pushing it.

Just a thought.

Last edited by TJ; 09-12-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:49 AM
erichikov
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys. Has anyone else had their engine go and had no brakes? Just curious. Also, how much is a stock block and where could I get one from? I might be selling the supercharger kit.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:48 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Have a MMR block. Rated at 950 rwhp. Very happy with it. Car has been pushing 20 lbs of boost over the hot/steamy summer months. Last time at the track was July 11th. Tried a 50 shot nitrous for the first time with the 20 lbs. Had fuel issues, melted plugs, but motor unaffected.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

TJ - my guess is that RS did the install and Dan didnt dyno tune it. If they did a pull and Dan saw that Breenspeed's tune was good, he'd say so and not charge a customer to dyno tune it and gain a few HP.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Hahaha thanks, yeah I love how its so quiet just cruising around, people think im stock with mufflers, and then I hit it and they vanish in my rear view

And btw it wasn't a cts-v it was an sts-v, they have 469 hp but weigh 4300lbs

Tuesday night I will post the dyno chart, july first I am getting my dyno tune and hoping for some more power

Stkjock

Just trying to see/research the reason this thing could have blown (curious) and I did come across the above post by eric saying he was getting a dyno tune for more power.

I mean the poor guy gets a supercharger installed and 2-3 months later it blows.

If you research his post's he bought the car used with a AEM CAI installed with no tuner check out the thread per link below for more info, also had problems with the car as you can see below he had problems right before he installed the S/C possible fuel system/pump problems etc ? It looks like there could be a number of reasons this thing blew could have been a preexisting condition leading up to this.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/444692-argh.html

So yesterday I picked up a 2006 Mustang GT with 20k on the clock and It felt good to drive. Woke up today, cleaned the whole car I mean inside, outside, waxed and then went for a ride. I first noticed the gas gauge was going haywire and kept on going up and down. As I was getting onto the highway I was accelerating and the car started to like hiccup and I couldn't get any power. Pulled over to the side of the road and it felt like it was going to stall. Shut it off and then wouldn't start. Called the tow truck and was waiting for it for 4 hours when they decide to call my cellphone and tell me the tow truck broke down and said they didn't know how long it would take to get there. I flipped **** and told them to call me when the tow truck was there, had my friend pick me up and now im home. ARGH

Sorry just venting. What do you guys think the problem is? Fuel pump?

Last edited by TJ; 09-13-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:05 PM
erichikov
1st Gear Member

I ended up NOT getting a dyno tune. They put the car on the dyno and checked the a/f and boost lvls and everything was perfect so why dyno tune it? It made 443rwhp at 8.8 psi.

Whatever the case, I am just going to get a brand new engine, does anyone know how much that will cost to install?

And I am going to have the supercharger kit taken off and will be selling it if anyone here is interested.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:35 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Eric I would go used imo if you just want a stock motor if you watch e-bay they do pop up average around $2300 – $3500.00 complete is what I have seen them go for. The one e-bay linked below did not sell/ meet reserve 9-11-08, the guy only has 3 feedback so I’d be very cautious or pass on this one.

You could try Powerhouse (PA) he might be able to help you out on getting a used motor and installed if you can get the car to him or talk to him on new motor if you perfer to go new.
http://www.powerhouse411.com/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...mZ130252653703

Last edited by TJ; 09-13-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:02 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

This one looks decent

2006 Mustang 4.6 motor 11k miles buy it now $2249.00

Guys has 8,790 feedback 99.7%

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...mZ380039332114

Quick Reply: looking for a new short block