Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

They can try to void a warranty, but reality is, the part in question would have to be what caused the problem before they can say "Sorry, the bills on you".
Old 09-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I had to retune after the LT's to adjust the O2 sensors. The modified tune could give you some troubles with the warranty.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:20 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Unless than can 100% prove what you've done caused the problem, in short no. Just know that going in and everything will be fine. I have a friggin stroker kit and still get warranty work done lol, all in what you know and how you present it. And with the tune, once you get one, if they plug their computer in w/o you unloading your tune, your tuners junk anyways b/c it will give your computer a new code. Tuners are set up like this so you can just take a tuner from car to car
Old 09-18-2008, 06:57 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
And with the tune, once you get one, if they plug their computer in w/o you unloading your tune, your tuners junk anyways b/c it will give your computer a new code. Tuners are set up like this so you can just take a tuner from car to car

Can you clarify this statement a little? Are you saying that if the dealer plugs in their computer without me returning my car to the stock calibration my tuner will no longer work? How so?

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
Can you clarify this statement a little? Are you saying that if the dealer plugs in their computer without me returning my car to the stock calibration my tuner will no longer work? How so?

Thanks.
No problem, my tuner warned me of this. When you get your tuner, it downloads the equivalent of say, an ip address for a computer (not sure if your familiar trying to make a comparison) which can change. If you don't return it to stock when you take it in (with my car, I have to let them drive it back, then return it to stock myself because I don't trust them to do it) and they do their thing no problem. If your car runs with out your tune fine, unload it before they take it in. What happens is if they plug their computer in without you taking it off, it basically gives your car a new ip address or a new code, and your tuner will think that is a car other than your own, thus not working. When you think about it you understand why they do it, it's still a pain though. Mines a dyno tune could be a bit different than a mail order tune or something like that, but it's on an Excal II and I trust what my guys have to say.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Hm. Interesting. I was not aware of this, so I'm glad I know now. I still haven't taken my car in for "airbag" recall. Does what you're explaining apply to this as well? Should I return my car to stock before taking it in to have them adjust the airbag setting?

Thanks.

PS, I still watch that Horsepower episode with your car on it. That thing is amazing! How you liking the stroker kit?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
Hm. Interesting. I was not aware of this, so I'm glad I know now. I still haven't taken my car in for "airbag" recall. Does what you're explaining apply to this as well? Should I return my car to stock before taking it in to have them adjust the airbag setting?

Thanks.

PS, I still watch that Horsepower episode with your car on it. That thing is amazing! How you liking the stroker kit?
For mine yes, it did. I didn't get the recall I have a friend who works for Ford, he did it himself, its very hard to find a competent mechanic from Ford when it comes to the aftermarket.

But appreciate the fan mail lol don't get much respect out of my ride to be honest, but I couldn't be happier the performance is insane, Wouldn't believe the cars i've put to shame, it's the best. i've got some mileage on it now and am about to get a performance tune so i'll come back with new dyno numbers, the projects never done. I've added quite a few things, and won't stop for quite a while, but that's for a pm or another thread lol
Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz

Thanks.

You don't have to return the tune to stock. The Air Bag recall requires a reflash of the RCM module and not the PCM which is where the custome tune resides. I have a custom tune and had the recall work done without an issue.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:37 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I'm not trying to dispute what you say, it's only what my tuners told me and i'm not about to throw my money away, so i'll keep doing things how I do them lol. Thanks for piping in though i'll have to ask them next time i'm there.