Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple 08+ H.O. Kits Now Shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Whipple 08+ H.O. Kits Now Shipping!

We're proud to announce that the 08-09 Whipple High Output Kits are now shipping. These 2 new kits are even better than ever as they now come with a 12psi 3.25" pulley and a tune which makes a stout 490rwhp. That's 550 engine hp taking into consideration a 12% drivetrain loss.

The Whipple High Output kit is also one of the most popular supercharger kits available for the 3V Mustang. It's a proven performer and has excellent feedback from all of our customers running them. What's not to like about an awesome looking blower that's easy to install and comes with everything you need including a fuel system to back it's power capabilities.

The 08-09 Whipple High Output Kit includes everything you need.

EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:

* Instant boost, zero lag time for incredible throttle response
* Revolutionary W140ax Whipple twin-screw supercharger
* Massive 5” thick aluminum intercooler for superior cooling
* Oversized Fluidyne heat exchanger for increased cooling capacity
* Ford GT 38lb/hr fuel injectors
* 0 degree Ford Racing spark plugs
* Twin screw supercharger is the most efficient SC on the market
* Exclusive TRUE cold air intake system with 9” S&B “True-flow” filter
* Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan
* Industry leading 95mm mass air flow meter
* Exclusive cold air intake system with 9” S&B “True Flow” filter
* Whipple High Performance Calibration
* Zero tuning required, all pre-set
* Available non-intercooled and intercooled
* Available for manual and auto transmission equipped vehicles

For more information on the new 08-09 Whipple High Output Supercharger Kits feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...lete-kits.html

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Isn't 12 psi pushing it just a little on the stock motor?

I'd be even more worried about that much power through a stock 5R55S. I guess maybe if you don't launch hard and take it easy until you get going a little...
Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

The last time I dynoed my gen 1 with the 3.375" pulley, I peaked at a tad over 11 lbs., I'd imagine the 3.25" pulley on the gen II would peak closer to 13. Scary stuff on stock internals. Oh well, gotta love 490 rwhp in a bolt on kit!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you couild always get a bigger pulley and run less boost, i got 3.5 pulley on mine.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

But it's not a good idea to sell a kit that produces dangerous levels of HP to stock components UNLESS they say in big letters this kit is only for engines with forged internals and that it's not safe on a stock engine. It should NOT be an option to get a pulley that makes the unit safe on a stock engine. That's irresponsible (or good marketing, which ever way you want to look at it).

I don't mean to be bashing or anything but there really should be a disclaimer in big red letters to go along with this kit.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:35 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If whipple is selling the kit with a 3.25 inch pulley making a claimed 12psi and 490rwhp, then I've got to give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what is and isn't safe. Safe with their tune of course.

Whipple does test their kits and we just speculate on what is and is not safe. Basically we don't know dick.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:57 PM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

too bad i dont have 6k laying around.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:32 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

Whipple has either an 05 or 06 gt that runs 12lbs of boost and has been doing it for a while and on the stock tensioner. Art told me about it when i was having belt problems. I'm sure they are very confident in what they sell. This makes me want to upgrade to the 3.25" pulley.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:53 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang910
Whipple has either an 05 or 06 gt that runs 12lbs of boost and has been doing it for a while and on the stock tensioner. Art told me about it when i was having belt problems. I'm sure they are very confident in what they sell. This makes me want to upgrade to the 3.25" pulley.
they should have me drive that car around for a few weeks, i bet i can bend that tensioner, or break something at least.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

For those concerned with running 12psi thinking that your motor will pop I believe you might be a little overly concerned. We've been selling the Whipple S197 kit ever since it came out. In fact we were the first company to even ship their S197 kit even before Ford Racing got them. We've sold hundreds of them and get a lot of repeat business from those customers. Since we started selling the 10psi kit I personally have never heard from any of my customers blowing an engine or dumping a tranny. Not saying it hasn't happened before but it's not that common. As you could imagine I speak to quite a few people so I'm sure if 10psi was pushing it too far and was risky I would have heard about atleast 1 car having an issue. With that said I personally know several guys that run 12psi and have been for some time. They've all done it on the stock block and beat the crap out of the car at the track running mid 10's..Still no word of any failures from any of them.

So when Whipple says 12psi can be done and they feel safe selling a kit that's advertised like that I'm pretty confident in that as well. Not only going off of them but the personal experience I posted about above.

Just like stang910 said Whipple has a car of their own with thousands and thousands of test miles on it with lots of dyno time as well running 12psi and their car is perfectly fine and runs great.

I'd like for anyone out here to post if you or a close personal friend has a Whipple HO kit running 10-12psi that's had an engine failure. Not the I know of or heard of but you or a personal friend.

Thanks, Jared

Last edited by Boostaddict; 09-26-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Whipple 08+ H.O. Kits Now Shipping!