Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

anybody switch from GTA's to Corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:10 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Default anybody switch from GTA's to Corsa?

I'm wondering if anybody here found GTA drone too much and switched to Corsa's.

I'm most likely going to swtich my Stingers to something else. I'm liking the price tag on GTA's compared to Corsa. GTA's aren't supposed to drone much if any. I wonder how true that is.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it's very true, GTA's have no drone.

i have and like them, but they might be a little
to quiet for most
Old 09-27-2008, 10:08 AM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Yeah.. no drone to GTA's at all. Also, before you decide they are too quiet, have someone drive your car and listen to what the rest of the world hears.. It's very different from what we in the drivers seat hear.

I will say this about my GTA's tho.. since the headers went on..I am finding them a bit on the quiet side, even from the outside, tho the tone is spot on what I like.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

My loudness point of view, just for reference....

Between about 1,200 rpm and 2,000 rpm, my Stingers are entirely too loud inside the car and I attribute that all to drone. Most say drone is only at a certain rpm. I hear it from 1200 to 2000, and that it does get a lot louder at about 1800 rpm but the drone sound is there all the way from 1200 to 2000.

Other than the drone, I don't think my Stingers are too loud and I love the tone they make. But I have to add, I've not heard it from the outside. My POV is just from inside with the windows up or down.

Everything else is stock. But I'm typing this from the lobby of where I get my work done. They are installing a Bassani catted X on it now. I'll let ya'll know what I think about that and I'll try to post a video.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

OK, Bassani catted X was just installed so now I've got that + stingers. WOW. If Stingers made the car pur, the catted X made is growl. I'd been thinking I might want headers, but now I do not. I love the way it sounds. The catted X added volume and a whole new level of rawness.

But is still drones. The X changed the tone a bit and the drone is only slightly more tolerable. So now I'm certain I'll make a change to either GTA's or Corsa's.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:03 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I truly do not mean to offend anyone....but Corsa is sooooooo overrated.

I see them every time I go to the races...... and i am duelly unimpressed.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:07 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I have not heard Corsa in person, but from what I understand they are very quiet at startup, especially if your inside the car, but become more noticeable when you step on it.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:34 AM
rjg426
1st Gear Member

Yes, the Corsa are only slightly louder then stock at startup and while cruising, but they scream at WOT and then become just as loud as Borla and Loudmouths. I have a like-new set of Corsas for sale right now on ebay because they were too quiet for me during cruising, I actually wanted some noise (drone?) while crusing so I'm running Loudmouths now.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

The more I hear about the GTA's, the more I think they are for me.

On my Christmas list and I've been very good this year.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Corsa FTW!

I recently got to hear what my Corsas sounds like from the outside when I got my inspection. Wow, much better than on the inside...and I like the inside except it could use more volume. I'm hoping the LT w/ cat H will help that.

I've been wondering what it would sound like if the corsas were cut and fab'ed to the middle. A mid muf Corsa system sounds like a cool idea! Then take some straight pipes, make a muffler delete axle back but put the Corsa tips on. Hmm....

I'd like to try it but considering the price I paid for these, I don't want to cut them! haha!

Last edited by SirKnightTG; 10-02-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: anybody switch from GTA's to Corsa?