Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Am I screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
MuchToLearn
2nd Gear Member

Default Am I screwed?

So I just got back in town and tomorrow I'm going to put the stock O2 Sensors back on. As to why the Bosch ones were supposedly "not working" I am clueless. If my car still throws the "Electronic Throttle Control" CEL then It has to either be a blown fuse, electric wiring, or some computer problem somewhere else.

Still...I am flabbergasted as to how an O2 Sensor going out could cause that...but I guess **** happens. The dealership that I bought the car from says they won't touch the car (they flashed and cleared some of the codes, but they said they won't touch it until its back to stock.) So...If they won't touch the car...where can I go if there is a problem? Do I really have to take my exhaust OFF and then go back to the dealership, replace whatever problem is wrong, and then put the exhaust back ON?

What other place around me would have any knowledge on something this delicate?

Help greatly appreciated
Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

find another dealer, the CEL you state shouldnt happen because of the O2s. There is something else going on
Old 09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

What a bunch of jerks. I agree, take to another dealer and don't even mention the exhaust. The car is still under warranty...right?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Learn it yourself. I'm done.

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
MuchToLearn
2nd Gear Member

No...I'm not saying they are horrible jerks or anything...I'm just saying something is wrong and they will not help while It is not stock. I am asking for options before I take the time and pay thousands (or something like that) to put it back to stock...so I can then try to find the problem, and then put the exhaust back on.

I would rather find a way to fix this or at least FIND the problem first before I go through all that effort and spend all that money just so they will "try" to help me.

And yeah...the Electronic Throttle Control CEL came on right after my O2 sensors went out on the road at like...idk... 30 mph. So I'm -fairly- certain it is -because- of the O2 sensors going out...not that the CEL is still on because of the O2 sensors aren't the right ones.

I'm saying I think the O2 sensors blew something out...idk what or how or anything. Fuses or wiring or something like that.

Why would another dealership help me out with my problem when they will INSTANTLY know that I have aftermarket exhaust? lol.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Learn it yourself. I'm done.

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:07 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

Yopr problem seems like the exact problem I had. I took it to the dealer and they said since I had a Kenne Bell at the time the CPU was moved and they said the heat had ruined it. They wanted 1100.00 not covered under warrenty. I called another Mod friendly dealer had Ford roadside assistance haul it out there for free and they fixed the throttle positioning senser and replacer the TB under warrenty. Fixed the problem.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:08 PM
MuchToLearn
2nd Gear Member

Thanks! I wonder if worse comes to worse If I'll have to buy a mid pipe with cats and install that. But...then I'd probably have to get it welded because it wouldn't fit right...

Lol...So a dealer that sells Roush or Saleen might look at it even without Cats?...idk about that.

Thanks though
Old 09-29-2008, 04:17 AM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

Maybe get a set of high flow cats welded in? Get them welded in with flanges then you could just unbolt them in favor of a pipe. I guess that way if you ever needed warrantee work again you could just change out the segments and get it taken care of.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:26 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by MuchToLearn

Why would another dealership help me out with my problem when they will INSTANTLY know that I have aftermarket exhaust? lol.
Because having aftermarket exhaust means nothing. they cant void your entire warranty because it. The dealer you are taking it to is a dick honeslty and you are letting them take advantage of you. Putting the stock exhaust back on should only cost 150-200 at most if you have the stock parts still. I took my o/r pipe on and off on my back on jackstands in less than 1.5 hours.

Originally Posted by MuchToLearn
Thanks! I wonder if worse comes to worse If I'll have to buy a mid pipe with cats and install that. But...then I'd probably have to get it welded because it wouldn't fit right...
Thanks though
stock exhuast cost is about $1700 for the midpipe and just becuase you do not hav cats means nothing. The dealer isnt the one that took them off, they have no liability for that.

You need to try another dealer and learn more about what is going on, the exhaust is not causing problems with your throttle body. If you have the CEL still pull the actual code and come back to us.

Quick Reply: Am I screwed?