Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Twin Turbo question.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 06:11 AM
MackinMike

Default Twin Turbo question.....

Will a TT affect the drivability of my car?? cause here in Sweden we got mostly winding roads... and i wanna know if i hit the 60-80mph range that i will still be able to take hard turns..... I guess my question is does a TT ruin the overall handling of the car when it comes to fast turning ?? compared to a sc
Old 05-23-2005, 06:26 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Twin Turbo question.....

All turbos have some lag, 2 smaller turbos will have less lag than one large one.
I would go with SC if you are concerned about lag.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrbmp

All turbos have some lag, 2 smaller turbos will have less lag than one large one.
I would go with SC if you are concerned about lag.
He's asking about handling. No twin turbos should have no effect on the suspension. I don't know why you think this will cause problems with the handling.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:16 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

He's asking about handling. No twin turbos should have no effect on the suspension. I don't know why you think this will cause problems with the handling.
I know what he was asking, he didnt say anything about suspension.
He is asking about being able to apply power on demand like on a SC.
You've never driven a turbo have you???
Old 05-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrbmp

I know what he was asking, he didnt say anything about suspension.
He is asking about being able to apply power on demand like on a SC.
You've never driven a turbo have you???
He's talking about handling the winding roads. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Might have been a question concerning the cross member and lower arm replacements that are provided with the twin turbo kits. They send new suspension pieces because you have to make room for the plumbing. That is also why the twin turbo kits are higher than the SC kits.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Might have been a question concerning the cross member and lower arm replacements that are provided with the twin turbo kits. They send new suspension pieces because you have to make room for the plumbing. That is also why the twin turbo kits are higher than the SC kits.
That's it. Forgot they had those peices with the kits.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:03 PM
MackinMike

Sorry im making it so difficult im not acustom to american cars.... the only cars i have ever owned were bmw m3's and they are to annoying to tune..... besides that i have only ever driven my dads porsche with a turbo. Im just concerned about the handling due to a turbo. Like i dont wanna slam the gas and go straight off the side of the road if im going through mountain tóps lol.... know what i mean??? Either way i have ALWAYS wanted a mustang and i finally decided to sell my 04 M3 and use the money left over to tune my stang which should arrive in 1 month..... I COULD REALLY USE A LIST OF GOOD UPGRADES!!!! All help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Im just concerned about the handling due to a turbo. Like i dont wanna slam the gas and go straight off the side of the road if im going through mountain tóps lol.... know what i mean???
Sounds like you are curious about how the turbo boost will affect your cornering. It will take some practice to learn how to modulate the turbo power coming out of a corner. It's all about throttle/boost control. Learning how to use the boost just after apexing a corner is a learned skill. Your car will be managable if you take the time to practice. Learning to drive a twin screw blower car is a similar experience. Practice, practice, practice. -Just take it easy for the first couple weeks and you'll be fine. A quick question about your BMW's. Were you using Dinan as your main aftermarket parts source?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:14 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension.
My comprehension as well as my understanding of turbo driveability is fine thank you.
Birdieman4 and I know what he was meaning.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo question.....