Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Overall plans for my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Overall plans for my Mustang

Hey all I thought I would just compile a list of al my plans at this point and get your opinions about what you think or comments about the overall power they will all yield anyway here it goes =)

Borla Stinger Cat Backs
SCT Livewire Tuner with a 91 Octane Tune
4.10 Gears
Cervini Ram Air Hood (No kit I figure the extra air rushing into the engine room keeping it cool is about equal =).
Roush Front Fascia and Chin.
And I am thinking some 18"s not sure what to go with yet exactly the car is Torch Red im thinking that some black rims would look pretty good most likely bullit ones suggestion are welcome =)
8 inch Shorty Antenna
Roush 1/4 Window Louvers Torch Red
Full Mirror Covers Torch Red

Thats pretty much it im sure once this is all done ill find more to do but this is it for now =)
Old 10-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

its a nice list, but to be honest the only thing really giving you power gains would be the 91 octane tune and the 4.10 gears will give you more pull.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:55 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

The CAI kit is is about more than cold air. I have a Cervini raim air hood - the Type IV hood. I noticed no difference in performance after installing it (I don't have CAI yet). The CAI's improve air flow regardless of whether or not the air is any colder.

And I'm thinking about putting Cervini's ram air kit on the hood - the part that directs air towards the air filter. I don't like that looking at the front of my car, I can see the coolant reservoir through the ram air scoop.

But Cervini says the ram air kit is not compatible with aftermarket CAI. I think it is designed to work with the stock airbox. Maybe I could just cut that part off. Who knows. Not sure what I'll do there.

About those Stingers. Think long and hard how you feel about drone. I had Stingers and they sounded beautiful except for the drone. I couldn't handle the drone so I sold them.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Sounds to me like abrush's car.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/members/89489-abrush.html
Old 10-19-2008, 12:23 AM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
The CAI kit is is about more than cold air. I have a Cervini raim air hood - the Type IV hood. I noticed no difference in performance after installing it (I don't have CAI yet). The CAI's improve air flow regardless of whether or not the air is any colder.

And I'm thinking about putting Cervini's ram air kit on the hood - the part that directs air towards the air filter. I don't like that looking at the front of my car, I can see the coolant reservoir through the ram air scoop.

But Cervini says the ram air kit is not compatible with aftermarket CAI. I think it is designed to work with the stock airbox. Maybe I could just cut that part off. Who knows. Not sure what I'll do there.

About those Stingers. Think long and hard how you feel about drone. I had Stingers and they sounded beautiful except for the drone. I couldn't handle the drone so I sold them.
+1 about the Stingers and drone. Wow! I had 'em on for one day, couldn't take it, and esp sine I have an auto, that cruising 1800-2k rpm's were killer, makes one wanna feel like puking, nevermind the feeling in the ears. Went to FRPP GTA's
Old 10-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Damn didnt know Borla's droned.... lame how bad is it honestly If listen to music at about 10 notches in my car on the Shaker 500 I dont usually go much louder would that cover the drone or would the drone just make it seem like nothing? Seems like there is always something bad about any exhaust and I do have an automatic as well maybe i should just forget it and get Corsa's havent heard one bad thing about them at all ever... lol but im sure someone will come along and find SOMETHING to say other then the crazy price =) lol
Old 10-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Actually is it only the Catbacks that drone or the Axlebacks too for Borla if the axlebacks dont or dont do it that bad then im might do that.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

1. Axlebacks in lieu of catbacks. The stock midpipe flows as well as those on aftermarket catbacks so save yourself a few bucks.
  2. Get a CAI with the tunes. Best bet on custom tunes is Brenspeed, Bama or VMP. Check their websites for combo prices.
Thats' my 2 cents...
Old 10-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

go with some corsa's instead of the borla.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I think all non-stock CAI are illegal over here in CA but i know its a 15-20 minute install and I could change em out for smog so maybe the best thing would be a CAI and Tuner first of all.

Quick Reply: Overall plans for my Mustang