Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

RST Track Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Great review bro. Keep us posted on how the clutch holds up at future trips to the track.

Also,
For those interested we now keep the RST and RXT's in stock for our customers so they can ship the same day you guys order.

Thanks, Jared
Old 10-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Nice to see you finally found a combo to work for you. I am going to try out my new Spec III and Steel FW Nov.1st at Sac.

So far it seems to be great, grabs hard and fast. If I had to complain about something it would be that it is hard to slip the clutch at a traffic light. it wants to just grab and go
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z06 Killer
Nice to see you finally found a combo to work for you. I am going to try out my new Spec III and Steel FW Nov.1st at Sac.

So far it seems to be great, grabs hard and fast. If I had to complain about something it would be that it is hard to slip the clutch at a traffic light. it wants to just grab and go
I am going again next Wednesday, but I can probably make Saturday also. PM me and let me know if you are going for sure. I will buzz Simon1 to see if he can make it, and we will put some 100 octane in his car. I can't wait to see that thing run 548rwhp!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:17 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
Great review bro. Keep us posted on how the clutch holds up at future trips to the track.

Also,
For those interested we now keep the RST and RXT's in stock for our customers so they can ship the same day you guys order.

Thanks, Jared
I will! Just wish I would have went with the RST from the beginning, would have save me around 3k in service and parts, thanks to that POS SpecsII +. If you guys stock those pull them off the shelves PLEASE!
BTW: The gauges and SOS POD work and look great! Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

well done and congrats!

what tire u running?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
well done and congrats!

what tire u running?
MT Street DR's. 275r/40/17 @ 16psi on the track. Last night was the first time at the track in 4.5 months. Generally my reaction time is .0XX, with the SpecsII+ I cut a 1.70 60ft and ran a 12.5. With a little more seat time I think I can brack 12.0 with the new setup. That RST is like shifting butter, I am so happy with it! IMO if your running FI that is the only way to go.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hell if you get your 60' times to 1.6 flat you would definitely be in the 11's for sure....congrats and I will get the same setup as yourself and Hammeron and mustangGT0405!!!! Awesome review and glad all worked out! (finally....)

Thought it was belt slip but guess what?>>>>. Its the clutch.... soon to be changed (spring)
Old 10-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sactown
I am going again next Wednesday, but I can probably make Saturday also. PM me and let me know if you are going for sure. I will buzz Simon1 to see if he can make it, and we will put some 100 octane in his car. I can't wait to see that thing run 548rwhp!
Sounds good bro. I will be there November 1st for sure. I disconected my methanol about a month ago and re tuned for 91 and I am on DR's instead of slicks this time, so we will see where I am at.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
cool thanks.....i think that is what mustangGT0405
uses also.....i'm going to duplicate that setup...

RST
Billet Steel FW
Stock Slave
Yeah that is what I have too. I like it alot. I have about 2k miles on it now with 0 issues. The only thing I will say about it is that it still wont lug a gear. It is not a big deal because it is really lazy shifting, but it is there. Other than that it drives like stock and sticks good.

Hammer the only thing I would recommend is to use a new stock slave when you install it. I reused my original one and dont have any issues so far, but I think it is cheap insurance.

I need some new wheel's and DR's and I will try my hand at the track too.

I would defineatly recommend this clutch.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:57 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

MustangGT0405, you need to head out to speedworld sometime! The weather is starting to get nice. Jay just put in a new clutch for me (competition clutch stage 4, he uses this brand in a lot of other cars he has done), I'm almost done with its break in and then I'll be back to OSW. I'll be shooting for 11.5s or better and hopefully hitting 120+ with some cold weather and no clutch slip. PM when you decide to come out.

Quick Reply: RST Track Review